One of the steps to take in order to study in New Zealand is to apply for a students visa. Here are step by step procedures you need to take to get a New Zealand Student Visa.
New Zealand is an independent island country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean. The country geographically comprises two major landmasses – the North Island and the South Island, and around 600 smaller islands. New Zealand is located some 1,500 kilometers (about 900 mi) east of Australia across the Tasman Sea & roughly 1000 kilometers (about 600 mi) south of the Pacific island areas of New Caledonia, Fiji, and Tonga.
For International students who want to undergo their University/College Education in New Zealand for a period of more than three (3) months, the candidate will have to acquire a New Zealand Student Visa. This visa is been granted to students who have already been accepted for a programme of study New Zealand University/college, which has also been approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Meanwhile, the education provider must also be approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority or the Ministry of Education in New Zealand.
This New Zealand Student Visa is also applicable to students who have been offered a place in an approved student exchange scheme. This New Zealand Student Visa is also applicable for any student who studies by distance learning with any New Zealand education provider and needs to come to New Zealand to undertake practical study, sit for exams or meet other requirements and needs to stay for more than three (3) months in New Zealand.
New Zealand Student Visa Application
Step One (1): Undergo A Counseling Session
First and foremost, you are expected to undergo a counseling session at WSF by contacting our team of professionals to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions for your study.
Step Two (2): Apply For Admission
After making your choice, you have determined what and where you want to undergo your study, our team of professionals will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice.
During the time of New Zealand Student Visa Application for admission, you will be required to submit numerous documents including evidence of previous academic qualifications, evidence of your English language proficiency, work experience associated documents and copy of passport.
We will equally make available a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa. Average processing time to obtain admission letter is between 1 to 10 days depending on the institution and course. Hence wait for your offer letter to move to the next step of your New Zealand Student Visa Application.
Step Three (3): Undertake Medical Check-ups And PCC
After you must have received your offer letter from an institution, you will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the New Zealand Government.
The comprehensive list of the approved panel doctors by New Zealand can be found by clicking this link >.
Our support at our office will assist you to get the appointment with panel doctors At the same time you need to arrange for your Police Clearance Certificate. This can be acquired from Either SSP office or from Passport Office.
Step Four (4): Visa Lodgment
To lodge your visa application for New Zealand student visa, you will need to present the documents outlined in the checklist being provided on the immigration website of New Zealand Immigration.
In relation to your financials, it is strongly suggested that you can take advantage of the FTS (Funds Transfer Scheme), which is being offered by the ANZ bank.
The benefits of using the FTS are:
- It guarantees that the student will have access to sufficient capital to meet the cost of living in New Zealand
- Applications that are submitted under this scheme will not be subjected to in-depth fund assessments thereby reducing processing times
Step Five (5): Pay Tuition Fees
After lodgment of your visa applications, and once we have informed you that you have received “Approval in Principal” of your visa from the New Zealand Government, you will be required to pay your first (1st) year’s tuition fees as mentioned in your offer letter
You can choose to pay this fee through Telegraphic Transfer (TT) at this stage; those students using the FTS will also need to transfer their living expenses contribution into their ANZ bank account.
Step Six (6): Visa Outcome
We will inform you as tersely as we discern the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your passport. In major cases, this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and housing for New Zealand.
Step Seven (7): Travel Services
At WSF our team of the profession can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in New Zealand. Insurance, foreign exchange, and Air ticketing can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!
New Pathway Student Visa Pilot
In case you want to study more than one program on one student visa, then New Pathway Student Visa Pilot program is right for you. In this program, students can study three consecutive courses on one student visa, over a period of three years.
For example, if you take an English language course, transfer to a year-long foundation programme, and then move onto a degree course, all the three courses are included on the one visa. But only a qualified consultant can guide you about this, who have excellent knowledge about New Zealand Student Visa Application and a good expertise.
Required Fees for New Zealand Student Visa
Fees for New Zealand Student Visa – NZ $270 (INR 13,182.63)
The application fee is non-refundable if your application for a student visa is being refused or rejected for any reason.
The conversion into different currencies is based on current conversion rates, which is liable to change.
The visa application fee is subject to change at any point in time.
The Do and Don’ts for the New Zealand Student Visa
You are expected to remember the following do and don’ts while applying for New Zealand student visa:
- Apply for a student visa a few weeks in advance of your planned travel date to enable adequate time for the application procedure to be completed on time for you to join your course.
- Fill out your application form carefully with all precise details
- You are expected to bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when submitting your visa application form at the Visa Application Centre.
- You should not present false documents for your student Visa.
- You should not hide or misrepresent facts in your application form.
The Benefits of New Zealand Student Visa
- Once when you secure New Zealand Student visa, then you will be able to cover up to three (3) courses, over a maximum period of five (5) years on the same visa without going back to your country.
- All your study is going to be planned out from the onset, thereby making the transition between courses (and providers) much smoother – permitting you to concentrate on your studies.
- Also in New Zealand, your education providers will help or supports you in your complete studies till the end point of your course. If you are getting an education from more than one participating institution in your Pathway, then the providers must have a formal concurrence to take care of you and your education while you’re in New Zealand.
- Some of the courses permit you to work for up to 20 hours each week and full-time during scheduled breaks and/or the summer vacation period. If your first course is incorporated into the work rights of New Zealand, afterward you’ll be allowed to work for the duration of your visa. And if it is available only for your second or subsequent program of study, then you will then need to apply to Immigration New Zealand for the different conditions before you can start working.
- APPLICATION LINK
- COST OF LIVING
- ACCEPTANCE RATE
New Zealand Student Visa application for International students who want to undergo their University/College Education in New Zealand. Here are some new Zealand student visa fees.