Zonta International Foundation is now accepting the application for Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program. Women in aerospace-related sciences and aerospace-related engineering may be eligible for the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship
35 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees at aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related technology is going to undoubtedly be selected. The Fellowship of US$10,000 might be utilized at any college or university offering licensed postsecondary classes and amounts.
About Zonta International
Since 1923, Zonta International has given over 31 million US Dollars to enable women and enlarge their use of schooling, education, economic opportunities, and secure living requirements. Zonta enriches women’s own lives, their kids’ lives and also the communities where they work and live.
Amelia Earhart Fellowship
According to Women in Aerospace, in 2010, roughly 10 percent of the aerospace industry was made up of women. While the number has slowly increased, there must be reinforcements behind each step forward.
To assist the future of women in this field and other aerospace-related sciences and engineering, Zonta International established the Amelia Earhart Fellowship in 1938 in honor of legendary pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart.
Today, the Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to up to 30 talented women, pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering around the globe.
Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree, who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering, are eligible and encouraged to apply
The Amelia Earhart fellowship is available for female students who are pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree in the field of Aerospace Engineering. You can access more Engineering scholarships through this link.
The Amelia Earhart fellowship program offers a reward of US$10,000 which may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees.
The Zonta International Amelia Earhart fellowship is available for female students from the USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers was 35.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be considered eligible for the fellowship, the candidate must fulfill these requirements;
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible.
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received in September and must not graduate before April 2018.
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
Previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
Interested candidates can download the application form from the given link:
- Biographical information (as requested on page 4 of the application).
- Plans for the intended study. List and include official detailed transcripts of grades from all universities/colleges attended, including undergraduate institutions and degrees received.
- List and include translated transcripts in English of all grades from all universities/colleges/institutions attended.
- List scholarships, fellowships, and honors received if any.
- List previous publications, if any. (Please do not attach publications).
- Employment history, if any.
- Essay on academic program and professional goals – applicant should describe, in general, scientific terms, a well-defined research program for her Ph.D./doctoral studies.
- Three recommendations from professors (or supervisors), one of the recommendations must be from a thesis supervisor or advisor and one from a university professor.
- Use the provided recommendation waiver form if a professor or supervisor is submitting a recommendation via email.
- Verification of Current Enrollment form from the university/college registrar
- All non-English documents must be translated into English to be considered.
- Information other than official transcripts and recommendations must be limited to the space provided, attachments, articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
Click the following Link for More Information:
For more questions, you can contact [email protected]
Applications for the 2019 Fellowships must be received by November 15, 2019, to be considered.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.