For the academic year 2021, the Zhejiang University Scholarship is available to enroll high-quality foreign students for doctoral program studies in ZJU.
Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities, and social sciences.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be an applicant in the Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarships
- What do I need to know about Zhejiang University
- About Studying in China
- What are the advantages of studying in China
- What you need to know about China
- What you need to know about the Chinese Visa Application
- Level/Field of study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarships Benefits
- Scholarship Number
- Application Procedure:
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University.
- Application Form for Zhejiang University Scholarship—Two-High Doctoral Program.
- Application Deadline
What do I need to know about Zhejiang University
Zhejiang University (ZJU) sometimes referred to as Zheda, is an elite C9 League university in China. It is also a Chinese Ministry of Education Class A Double First Class University. Founded in 1897, Zhejiang University is one of China‘s oldest, most selective and most prestigious institutions of higher education. It is also a member of the Yangtze Delta Universities Alliance and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
The university campus is located in the city of Hangzhou, approximately 112 miles (180 km) southwest of Shanghai. Zhejiang University Library’s collection contains about 7 million volumes, making it one of China’s largest academic libraries.
About Studying in China
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to explore the world’s most populous country. You will experience China’s unique blend of ancient and modern civilization.
China’s economic progress in the last 30 years is unprecedented in world history. In just a few decades China has gone from one of the poorest countries in the world to a regional and global leader with a vibrant economy. Since 1980, China’s average annual growth rate was over 10% – more than twice the United States and the European Union. China is now the world’s third-largest economy.
China’s cost of living is quite low compared to the United States, Canada, Australia and many parts of Europe. Food products and consumer goods are the least expensive items in China. A meal at a local restaurant for one person could cost one or two dollars.
Getting around in China is convenient and inexpensive thanks to well-developed and modern transportation infrastructure. All cities are well-served by buses and taxis, and larger cities have modern subway systems.
What are the advantages of studying in China
- A recent economic and industrial hub and driver of global growth thereby attracting students and scholars from all over the world
- The University is located at the Center of China, with good proximity to the commercial hubs in the South and the industrialized East.
- Top-quality infrastructural and learning facilities comparable to the very best school in the world.
- A huge pool of international students in the city and cities beyond
- Tuition fees are lower than western Europe’s and most Asian countries yet providing quality service and a beautiful environment.
- Chance to school and chase your business/trade dreams in the world’s most dynamic trading center.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- Employment Advantage
- Quality of Education and International Recognition
- Travel and exploration
What you need to know about China
- The world’s largest national population, more than 1.3 billion people – 20% of the Earth’s entire population
- More than 90% of the population lives in the eastern third of the country
- The full official name is the People’s Republic of China
- The capital city is Beijing, the largest city is Shanghai
- The main language is Mandarin Chinese, which has more native speakers than any other language
- The world’s fastest-growing and second-largest economy, after overtaking Japan in 2011
- Fourth-largest country by area (after Russia, Canada, and the US)
- The only country other than Russia and the US to have launched a manned space flight; the government has set a target of establishing a space station by 2021
- Under Communist rule since 1949
- The world’s second-largest oil consumer, after the US
- Very diverse climate – from tropical in the south to subarctic in the northeast
- Chinese cities frequently appear in reports on the world’s most polluted places
What you need to know about the Chinese Visa Application
You may apply for a Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa, please remember to bring a valid passport, the original copy of the university’s Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as JW201/JW202 form ) and original physical examination record.
Make sure that your admission notice, JW202 form and physical examination record (within the validity of their visa, holders of X2 Visa do not need to present the record after arrival in China) is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival in Chongqing.
International students who will study in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain an X1 visa, while students who will study in China for less than 6 months may apply for an X2 Visa.
An X1 visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a residence permit within these 30 days in order to obtain legal status in China at Chongqing Municipal Public Security Bureau. You are discouraged from arriving in China ahead of time due to the short time limit of your visa. Furthermore, you are not eligible to apply for a Residence Permit until you have registered as a student of CQU.
Level/Field of study
The Scholarships are available to pursue a Doctoral degree program to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
The scholarship is hosted by the Zhejiang University, China.
The scholarship is open to international students who are non-Chinese citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarships Benefits
These opportunities have a value that includes Full scholarship, including Tuition waiver, Free accommodation on campus, Living allowance: CNY 3,500 per month, Comprehensive Medical Insurance
The number of offers was not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must meet the requirements prescribed in Doctoral Degree Programs Admission 2021
- Applicants shall graduate from Top 500 World Universities (can refer to 2016 World University Rankings published by QS, ARWU, US News or Times Higher) or top universities in their home countries. Applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record and display strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants must have earned acceptance by ZJU professor, who has student enrollment qualifications in the Two-High Doctoral Program.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships or funding.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applicants shall contact their prospective supervisors first (link, click ZJU colleges/department websites to find professor’s contact information) to confirm whether they can apply for this program. Then applicants shall make an online application via the Website of the International College of Zhejiang University (http://iczu.zju.edu.cn) and submit all the application materials to the Graduate Office of International College by post or in person.
Note: Please email a scanned copy of the application documents to their prospective supervisor in ZJU as well.
Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University.
Log on Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System (click here), fill in and submit an application form, then print out and sign.
Application Form for Zhejiang University Scholarship—Two-High Doctoral Program.
Use the same Username and Password of Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System to log on to the Scholarship Application Page (click here). After login, click “Apply for Two-High Doctoral Program” at the lower left side of the page, submit an application form, then print out and sign.
- A photocopy of the passport.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor (download).
- Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide a photocopy of the HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application, and study proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors excluding the applicant’s prospective supervisor in ZJU, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number, and email address must be put on the letter.)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
- Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 400 yuan). (Bank account)
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
Applicants for Class A, Class B, and Class C can apply only once a year. The application deadline is 30th, May annually.
To access other Chinese scholarships, click on the link
WE ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU VIEW THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES AS THE CONTAIN RELEVANT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION;
- Pay Your Bills 250 Sweepstake
- Welch College Tuition: Scholarships and Costs Of Living
- Obama Foundation Internships [PAID]
- ALBERTA E. CROWE STAR OF TOMORROW
- Cailloux Scholarships in USA
- Mckay Scholarship Program | Free Tuition Fee
- Hagan Scholarship in USA
- The ALKU Scholarship
- $1,500 Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant [UPDATED]
- Top 10 USA Scholarships for Zimbabwe Students
- American Go Foundation College Scholarship
- Davidson Fellows Scholarship in the USA
- APPLY: Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships for African Students
- International Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Dixie State University USA
- UNICAF SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYAN STUDENTS
- CFC STANBIC BANK EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.