Recently, there has been a search on the web by High School students about finding scholarships in order to study, due to an increase in tuition fees. For this reason, Georgia’s Zell Miller Scholarship is now available for high school students residing in Georgia.
In other words, High School graduate students from Georgia who are legal residents of the state can enjoy cheap education at the University of Georgia with the Zell Miller Scholarship.
Just take your time and go through this article, we have arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the Zell Miller Scholarship.
Learn how to win this scholarship below in the USA in 2020.
About the Zell Miller Scholarship
The Zell Miller Scholarship is a performance-based scholarship program available to students who have met the requirements of the Georgia University System and the GSFC residence and are studying for an undergraduate course under the Zell Miller Scholarship.
Georgia’s Zell Miller Scholarship is open to Georgian residents who have demonstrated academic success. The scholarship provides funds to help students withstand the education costs associated with attending a Zell Miller Scholarship eligible college in Georgia.
Level/Field of Study
The Zell Miller Scholarships 2020 is open to high school graduates for their undergraduate studies to pursue their chosen field at the University of Georgia.
The Office of Student Financial Aid(OSFA) at the University of Georgia is part of the Office of the Vice President for Instruction. They are committed to playing an active role in supporting the recruitment, retention and academic success of a large number of students.
Zell Scholarship is available to US citizens or residents who are legal residents in Georgia.
The Zell Miller Scholarship award varies and depends on the type of institution you are attending and your specific hours of enrollment.
- Students who meet all the eligibility criteria and attend a public college or eligible university are awarded a Zell Miller Scholarship allowing them to apply for standard undergraduate registration, up to a maximum of 15 hours, for a number of students. accurate hours enrolled full-time or part-time.
- Students who meet all eligibility requirements and attend private colleges or universities receive an amount from the Zell Miller Scholarship that will apply to standard undergraduate enrollments up to a maximum of 12 hours, depending on the part-time enrollment or full-time status.
For the 2020 award years, the Scholarship offers a maximum prize of:
- $4,682 for students registered for at least 7 hours
- $2,782 for students enrolled within 6 hours or less
To be qualified for the Zell Miller Scholarships 2020, interested applicants must adhere to the following:
- Be legally resident in Georgia for study purposes.
- Be an American citizen or a permanent resident alien. All students must have this status 12 months before the first day of the course of the academic year for which they are applying.
- Register for selective service (men only).
- Be a graduate from an eligible high school or accredited high school program as the valedictorian or the salutatorian and meet all HOPE Scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Have graduated from an eligible high school with a minimum 3.7 GPA (as calculated by GSFC) combined with a minimum score of 1200 on the math and reading portions of the SAT test or a minimum composite score of 26 on the ACT test in a single national test administration and meet all HOPE Scholarship eligibility requirement.
- Compliance with the Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990 of Georgia
- Do not default or have to repay any federal or state financial aid program.
- Do not have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
How to Apply
There are two options available to students while applying for the Scholarship:
- Complete the Georgia Scholarship Application (GSFAPPS) once through the link below:
or download the printable GSFAPPS form:
- Complete the free application of the Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year using the link provided below:
There is no specific date for the application deadline for the Zell Miller Fellowship. However, it is dated for the last day of the school term or a student’s withdrawal date, whichever occurs first.
It is recommended that you submit your Zell Miller Scholarships Application as soon as possible. As soon as you apply, the funds will be disbursed to your school and credited to your account.
For more information on the Zell Miller Scholarship 2020, interested applicants should visit the link below:
- Eagle Scout Scholarships (UPDATED)
- Latest Michigan Competitive Scholarship
- The LA Tutors Education Scholarship in USA &CANADA
- The Minecraft Scholarship [Updated]
- Cascadia College Scholarships for International Students in the USA
- USA Dart Ochberg Fellowships for International Journalism