SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Mastercard Foundation is is delighted to avail its fellowship to young African artists. The fellowship is available for both emerging and established young artists from diverse backgrounds. Eligibility criteria is worthy of note as applicants may be disqualified if the fall short of the requirements for the program.
Type: Contest, Fellowship
Institution: MasterCard Foundation
Value of Award: Selected artists will receive a licensing fee of US$1,000 for the non-exclusive right to reproduce the chosen artworks in the Foundation’s publications, for non-commercial use.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Selection Criteria: Mastercard encourages the submission of a wide range of visual art of different types suitable for reproduction. Its intention is to license selected works for reproduction as photographs in print and digital media. To be selected, the artwork must render well when photographed. The Foundation will arrange for chosen artwork to be professionally photographed if needed.
How to Apply: Mastercard encourages submissions from both emerging and established young artists from diverse backgrounds. Artists wishing to participate should send their submissions no later than 15 November 2017.
The submissions should include:
- The artist’s name, age, gender, country of origin, current home, language of submission
- A biography of not more than 500 words
- Clear, accurate photographs of each work, submitted as presentation-quality jpeg files (minimum 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels)
- The creation date of each work submitted, along with dimensions and materials
- One artist’s statement of not more than 500 words explaining the relation between the work(s) submitted and the submission question
- Submission text supplied in any language in which the artist feels comfortable
Send all requested material to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017