Nominations are open to Yenching’s 3rd Annual Social Innovation Forum, which will be held at the Yenching Academy of Beijing University in China from December 7 to 9. The Social Innovation Forum (YSIF) is an annual flagship event of the Peking University Yenching Academy.
Read through to know your stance on the eligibility and then, go a step further to apply for the program.
- About the Yenching Social Innovation Forum 2021
- About the Sponsor: Yenching Academy of Peking University
- Editor’s Recommendations
About the Yenching Social Innovation Forum 2021
With more than $ 45,000 in funding and a focus on the United States Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), YSIF brings together young executives and innovators to develop and share ideas to solve the world’s toughest challenges. ,
Yenching’s Social Innovation Forum is a three-day event that brings together young innovators from around the world to find solutions to some of the most urgent issues facing China and the world.
Inspired by Sustainable Development Goals 3, 8, and 11, they invite young innovators to Beijing to learn, network, and deliver solutions for “Smarter Life: Cities, Jobs, and Health for the Future”.
Each YSIF delegate must present a “potential solution” to at least one of the three United Nations Sustainable Development Goals this year: SDG 3 (Health and Well-being), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth) and SDG 11 (Sustainable Development), Cities and communes).
Its “solution” can take many forms at any stage of development (design, implementation, financing phase, etc.) (start-up, non-profit campaign, citizens’ initiative, etc.). Or it’s just an idea that you want to realize in terms of time and resources.
During the YSIF delegates share their solutions in a pitch competition and get feedback from experts and innovators. The questions at the bottom of this form will ask you to describe your solution.
About the Sponsor: Yenching Academy of Peking University
The Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies. This initiative brings together young people who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation.
At Yenching, they are immersed in an intensive learning environment where they can explore China and its role in the world—past, present, and future. The Academy’s goal is to shape new generations of global citizens with a nuanced understanding of China.
They participate in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and designed by scholars themselves.
Studying at the Academy is an exceptional opportunity to take part in intercultural exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, developing both personally and professionally.
Level/ Field of Study
The Forum consists of a series of workshops, guest speakers, networking events and field visits organized by leading individuals and organizations in the field of social innovation.
Social Innovation Forum is hosted by the Yenching Academy of Peking University and can be taken at Beijing University in China.
Yenching Social Innovation Forum 2021 is opened for young innovators all around the world.
Worth of Social Innovation Forum
- Meet business leaders. Improve presentation skills. Get Expert Feedback Building on the success of the YSIF ’16 and YSIF 17 Conferences, the three-day YSIF ’18 program will feature a pitch for best ideas, an intercultural network, and cross-industry entrepreneurship and resume workshops. from China and from abroad. After the conference, delegates will join a talented alumni community from YSIF and access online channels.
- Partners networking. Media exposure. YSIF has partnered with Young Sustainable Impact (YSI), a recognized Norwegian youth innovation NGO, and is an official member of SDSN Youth, a global network for education and youth mobilization for SDGs. The delegates can explore professional opportunities with these partners. YSIF was also featured in the media by CGTN, the energy network of Beijing and Qdero.
- Visit a leading city in the world. YSIF takes advantage of China’s unique position as a rapidly developing economy facing a series of social and sustainable development issues. Beijing is both political capital and a center of higher education and technological development. This makes the city a prime location for the 18 YSIF delegates who want to connect and innovate.
Transportation to and from Beijing, hotel accommodations, meals, and conference materials are handled by Peking University’s Yenching Academy. Participants must pay visa fees and other personal expenses.
Eligibility for Yenching Social innovation Forum 2021
- YSIF is pleased to receive applications from university and doctoral students, professionals, and entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- In particular, they encourage applicants with interests or work related to the US Sustainable Development Goals and the Y18F theme.
- YSIF is for creative people who share and present their business ideas.
- They must be between the ages of 18 and 30 on 10 September 2021.
How to Apply for Yenching Forum 2021
Applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit the Yenching Social Innovation Forum.
Yenching Forum 2021 Application Deadline
Yenching Social Innovation Forum applications deadline is usually 10th September.
- Beijing Institute of Technology CSC Scholarship in China
- Jiangsu University CSC Masters and Ph.D. Scholarships, China
- Dalian University of Technology DUT CSC Scholarship, China
- The government of China MOFCOM Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. Students
- Chinese Government Scholarships: Xiamen University Scholarships for International Students
- Tianjin Government Scholarship for Overseas Students in China
- UNLEASH Innovative Lab for Young Changemakers China
- MOFCOM Scholarships for Developing Countries In China (Masters & Ph.D.)
- Jiamusi University Scholarships Program in China | Apply
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.