Revive your passion and interest in China and grow a larger network by getting nominated for the annual Yenching Global Symposium in China. Nominations for the 2020 Yenching Global Symposium are now open and this international conference in China is for young professionals from all nationalities.
The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different sectors and generations with a common interest: China. The Yenching Global Symposium will be hosted by the Yenching Academy of Peking University, Beijing, China and will be held from March 27 – 29, 2020.
Learn the things you need to know to be able to apply before the symposium application deadline as well as qualify to attend here.
About the Conference
This year’s three-day event, which will be held in March 2020, will be combined with engaging speakers and interactive events on the subject of the Surmen: China’s history will be told again. This conference brings together leading international experts and experienced young professionals from a variety of disciplines to form a highly focused and application-oriented learning experience platform.
They offer ambitious students and young professionals from all over the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
- a diverse group of global scientists from renowned universities;
- Practitioners from a variety of disciplines, including art, history, culture, innovation, politics, and economics;
- Lecturers from leading universities, companies and international organizations.
The symposium is a platform to connect Chinese leaders, generations and different disciplines. It helps you meet with inspiring and like-minded peers, such as leading experts, who share your interest in China. These interactions take place at Peking University, China’s largest university.
As a delegate, you have the opportunity to share your innovation experiences as you work with others to generate fruitful exchanges and frameworks for China’s toughest issues.
Yenching global symposium 2020 are available for ambitious students and young professionals in all fields related to history, arts and culture. Get access to other history scholarships, click on the link
Yenching global symposium 2020 is hosted in Peking University, China. If you are an international student and you desire to study in China. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in China
If you are selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium covers your fully-funded travel and return flight, accommodation and meals for the duration of the Beijing conference. Delegates are required to pay visa fees (if any), and it is recommended to provide money for personal expenses, visits, etc.
The Yenching global symposium is for international young professionals from all nationalities. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Open to delegates from around the world and from different disciplines.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field; applicants can be young professionals (holding a Bachelor’s degree) or students (post-graduate/Master’s degree and higher).
- Strong interest in learning about China and engaging in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions which address critical societal issues relating to China;
- Leadership potential;
- English proficiency;
- Hold a valid passport (does not expire within 6 months of visa application date- January/February 2020);
- Have never attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums;
- Bonus: Involvement in China-related activities- academic, voluntary, professional, extra-curricular activities.
They welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender, sexual orientation, educational backgrounds, ability or disability.
They ask you to submit a CV and the duly completed online application form.
The Yenching Global Symposium will be held from March 27 to 29, 2020. However, the deadline for applying for the symposium is December 1, 2019.
How to apply for Chinese Student Visa
- You may apply for Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa, please remember to bring a valid passport, the original copy of the university’s Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as JW201/JW202 form ) and original physical examination record.
- Make sure that your admission notice, JW202 form and physical examination record (within the validity of their visa, holders of X2 Visa do not need to present the record after arrival in China) is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival in Chongqing.
- International students who will study in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain an X1 visa, while students who will study in China for less than 6 months may apply for an X2 Visa.
An X1 visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a residence permit within these 30 days in order to obtain legal status in China at Chongqing Municipal Public Security Bureau. You are discouraged from arriving in China ahead of time due to the short time limit of your visa.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship for College Students in Philippines
- JFUNU Scholarships for PhD Students from Developing Countries
- LIST OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS IN JAMAICA FOR HOME AND FOREIGN STUDENTS
- Nest Scholarships for Intermediate and Bachelors Students in Pakistan
- International School of Lusaka Scholarships
- Dalda Scholarship Grants for Pakistani Students
- COURTS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS
- SWUFE President’s Full Scholarship for Non-Chinese Students in China
- Jinggangshan University Scholarships for Non-Chinese Students in China
- Qingdao Government Scholarships for International Students in CUP, China
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.