Africans, especially young Africans, have so much potential. Who will strengthen and lead these young Africans? Who will shape the future of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership and public management?
To answer these questions, YALI offers three models to identify and empower young leaders: the YALI Mandela Washington Scholarship, the YALI Network, and the establishment of regional leadership centers across Africa.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the YALI Training Program.
With more than 60% of its population below the age of 35, Africa is quickly becoming home to the world’s largest number of young people, which raises several questions about the future of Africa.
In July 2014, U.S. President Obama announced the creation of four Regional Leadership Centers (RLCs) in Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, and South Africa to serve as regional hubs across the continent to encourage transformational learning and enhanced leadership skills.
There are four Regional Leadership Centers (Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, and South Africa). These Centers serve as regional hubs across the continent to encourage transformational learning and enhancing leadership skills.
The YALI Regional Leadership Centers are a project of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in close partnership with The MasterCard Foundation. Each Regional Leadership Center is managed under a public/private partnership
The Accra Regional Leadership Center (RLC), part of President Obama’s Young Leadership Initiative (YALI), will provide an innovative and groundbreaking leadership training program in Africa. The program is managed by the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
The Leadership Development Program has developed and will continue to develop partnerships with leading universities in the United States and Ghana, local and international development organizations, and the private sector to develop and implement a leadership training program.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Young African Leaders Initiative programs are designed to attract, raise and empower the next generation of emerging exceptional and young African leaders, who have a deep interest in the improvement of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management.
- The program focuses on two topics: the Emerging Leaders Program for Young African Leaders and the Executive Leadership Program for the most experienced group of African leaders.
- The overall program includes a combination of taught content as well as practical and on-site leadership commitments.
- The Emerging Leaders program provides young African leaders with modern leadership skills for 17 years. The program is divided into four phases: a five-week face-to-face or online course, with the remaining 12 weeks consisting of equal parts of a mentoring program, an internship or a civil service and a reporting period.
- It focuses on the five-week course phase and includes three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics and Current Issues Affecting Africa) and an elective course of a choice of three courses covering three topics: Entrepreneurship, Public Policy, and Administration and civil society management.
The YALI training programs 2020 is hosted at Regional Level by the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Ghana.
The personal training takes place in Ghana, Accra RLC. The online course is available anywhere in West Africa. The trainers/trainers are selected by leaders from Africa and around the world.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in Ghana, check out the list of Ghanian Scholarships.
All applicants for the Young African Leaders Initiative programs must come from any of the following countries; Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The Accra RLC partners’ resources will allow many exceptional young emerging leaders access to peer networks, entrepreneurship support services, and innovative technology solutions.
The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5-week coursework phase delivered in-person or online and the remaining 12 weeks distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period.
The Young African Leaders Initiative programs have an unspecified number of offers.
Eligibility for Scholarship
The criteria for applying for YALI 2020 are:
- Open to teens from 18 to 35 years.
- Applicants must be a citizen and resident of Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, and Sierra Leone
- They should be motivated to take a leadership role and work hard to transform their countries.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Young African Leaders Initiative Application is done online.
To provide online students with the best possible experience, the online course platform will download training videos, conference minutes, lecture materials, and site visit/organization reports. from the participants.
Online discussion forums and other communication platforms will be established to facilitate learner collaboration (group work, team projects, etc.) and allow students to participate in facilitators. Naturally. It should be noted, however, that the program of the two study types is the same.
Innovative teaching and training method are used to improve the experience and motivation of the learners. For example, theoretical content is contextualized through case studies, actual organizational analysis, and on-site visits, among others.
Various evaluation methods are used, including self-assessment/introspection and assessment of individual or group work by the teacher.
For more information, visit YALI West Africa.
The Young African Leaders Initiative Application deadline is on June 25th, annually.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Türkiye Scholarships for International Students in Turkey
- Northshore Community College Scholarships for International Students
- Scholarships to attend International AIDS Conference In Netherlands
- International Undergraduate scholarships for Angola Students [UPDATED]
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in Finland for Students from Developing Countries
- Scholarships: mbbs in the USA for International Students
- Top 15 Turkey Scholarships for Ethiopian Students
- DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships in Ireland
- GAANN Fellowship at Ohio State University, USA
- Dell Scholarships In USA
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.