Applications are currently been submitted for the Yale Young Global Scholars Program for Outstanding High School Students 2018,this program is exclusively for high school students, so hurry and apply if you are one.
The Yale Young Global Scholars Program (YYGS) is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program that brings together outstanding high school students from around the world for intensive two-week sessions on Yale’s campus in New Haven and the Yale Center Beijing in China. YYGS offers six unique sessions in New Haven and one session in Beijing, China. Yale Young Global Scholars is an official Yale University program.
What You Need To Know About The Yale Young Global Scholarships At Yale University in USA
Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarships are available to Undergraduate degree programme awarded for all Master courses available at the university.
All scholarships are taken in the USA at Yale University. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The Scholarship is available for all international students who want to study in the USA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
- Tuition for each session of the 2018 Yale Young Global Scholars Program is $6,000 USD, which includes instruction, housing on one of Yale’s historic residential colleges in New Haven or a hotel conveniently located near the Yale Center Beijing in China, three meals per day, and optional health insurance.
Need-Based Financial Aid
- Yale Young Global Scholars provides need-based financial aid to students with demonstrated financial need, which is offered as a discount on tuition (up to $6,000 USD, 100% of tuition). The application for financial aid is included in the online program application and must be completed by the 2018 application deadline.
- In order to qualify for our need-based financial aid, applicants must submit detailed financial information, and it is recommended that parents or guardians of applicants help students complete the required financial information. Last year, approximately one-third of program participants received partial to full financial assistance to attend the program. Unfortunately, YYGS financial aid cannot cover travel expenses, and we cannot guarantee financial aid to all those who apply for it.
In all cases, applicants must provide:
- all annual household income for the past three years, the number of individuals in the household, as well as other information relating to your household’s financial status
- a statement of need explaining why the applicant is applying for need-based financial assistance to attend the program
- additional supporting documentation, which varies depending on if you are a U.S. applicant or international applicant
- YYGS reserves the right to request more documentation if necessary
For U.S. applicants, supporting documentation should include your parent or legal guardian’s federal income tax return from the most recent year available (2016 or 2017).
For international applicants, supporting documentation should include at least one or more of the following (please submit as many as can be conveniently be provided):
- copy of the most recent income tax forms from the country where your parents/legal guardians pay taxes
- a letter from parents/legal guardians employer stating position, salary, all benefits, and years of service
- a letter from a bank stating the amount of funds available to parents/legal guardians or applicant
- a copy of an award of any scholarship or loans that the student receives
A student in the program must have:
- an excellent academic record
- demonstrated leadership potential
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a desire and ability to work cooperatively with peers
- a good work ethic
- an ability to read, analyze, and reflect on large quantities of difficult material in English
- high standards of personal and professional conduct
Yale Young Global Scholarships Eligibility Requirements:
- The YYGS program is open to students, typically between the ages of 15 and 17, who have one or two years of high school to complete after they attend the program.
- Applicants must be in US Grade 10 or US Grade 11 (or the international equivalent) at the time of application. YYGS accepts applicants from ALL countries.
- For 2018 YYGS, eligible applicants will graduate high school in May /June 2019 or May /June 2020.
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
Yale Young Global Scholarships Method of Application:
- Step 1: Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: Review the YYGS application required components.
- Step 3: Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- Step 4: You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
- Step 5: Click APPLY NOW and start your 2019 application. Be sure to write down the email and password you use in case you need to login again to continue the application.
- Step 6: Contact YYGS Staff with ANY/ALL questions as you complete the application. The earlier you contact us, the more likely that we can help you by the deadline.
- Step 7: Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and go back into any pages that require further information.
- Step 8: Once your application is complete, on the “Review” page please click on the “Finalize & Pay” button at the bottom of the page.
Step 9: Pay the $60 USD application fee. If you submitted a Fee Waiver Request*, this page will automatically skip.
*YYGS staff will contact you if your Fee Waiver Request is denied to let you know that your application will not be reviewed until the $60 YYGS application fee is paid.
- Step 10: Keep an eye out for an email from YYGS that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, as there are sometimes delays in payment processing. Questions? Please contact us.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 6th February 2019
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
Apply right now for the Yale Young Global Scholars Program for Outstanding High School Students 2019, see details for application deadline.