The Xiamen University is calling for applications for Xiamen Tan Kak Kee Scholarships Chinese descent students, 2018. The opportunity is Chinese descent students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan. It is available for Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral Program in Xiamen University
The Xiamen University, AKA Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China establish by overseas Chinese, Tan Kah Kee in 1921. The university was originally known as Amoy University.
Opportunities are available to pursue Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral programme.
Field of study:
Scholarships are to study any of the courses in the university.
- Scholarships cover tuition, on-campus accommodation and insurance expenses and living allowance.
- Doctoral students: RMB 70,000 per year (3 or 4 years)
- Master’s students: RMB 60,000 per year (2 or 3 years)
- Undergraduate’s students: RMB 50,000 per year (4 or 5 years)
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
The Scholarships are open to outstanding international students of Chinese descent and students in Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan who are descendants of Jimei alumni to study at Xiamen.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an International students of Chinese descent with valid foreign passports and in good health, particularly those from countries in Southeast Asia, South Asia, West Africa and Europe along the routes of the Maritime Silk Road.
- Applicants shall adhere to the “One China” Principle, be friendly to their mother country, and abide by the laws, rules and regulations of the Chinese Government.
- Educational Background and Age Limits:
- Bachelors degree programs should have a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 30;
- Masters degree programs should have a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
- Doctoral degree programs should have a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
- Students whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level.
10th May 2018
How to Apply: Applications for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has admission to a program at Xiamen University.
- Applicants shall complete the Application Form for Tan KahKee Scholarship (please click to download) and prepare a printout;
- Candidates are to apply online and then print out the Application Form for International Students generate upon successful online application. The application fee is RMB 400 (payable upon signing up online; non-refundable).
- Mailing application documents is needful.
All completed application package shall be mailed to XMU’s Admissions Office by courier and arrive before the above deadline.This shall include: one certification letter from an ethnic Chinese group or an influential ethnic Chinese person in the applicant’s country of residence to certify applicant’s ethnic Chinese origin.
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link
To access other opportunities, click China Scholarships