SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
WSGC College Transfer Scholarships
The Washington NASA Space Grant Consortium (WSGC) is now offering the WSGC Scholarships for Community College Transfer Students. Scholarship applications are open to STEM majors planning to transfer to any of the University of Washington’s three campuses (Seattle, Bothell, or Tacoma). The mission of the WSGC is to enhance higher education opportunities for students seeking to pursue careers in the fields of STEM to enrich and improve STEM education at Washington’s diverse pre-college, college, university and community learning centers. The WSGC Scholarships will worth award range from $2,000 to $5,000.
Washington NASA Space Grant Consortium (WSGC) is comprised of more than 20 institutions within the state of Washington, including universities, community colleges, private industry, educational organizations, and museums. The Consortium was established in 1989 with a grant from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
To be eligible, scholarship applicants must:
- Be a resident of Washington State
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Have applied to transfer to UW in Autumn Quarter 2017 or transferred into UW either Winter or Spring Quarter 2017
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM)
- Scholarship applications are open to STEM majors planning to transfer to any of the University of Washington’s three campuses (Seattle, Bothell, or Tacoma).
- Only students majoring in the fields of science, technology, engineering or mathematics are eligible for support. This does not include health majors such as medical technology and nursing.
- Washington NASA Space Grant Consortium values diversity and strongly encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
- Recipients may apply for renewal for an additional year, depending on availability of funding and providing that they maintain program requirements for their majors and a satisfactory GPA.
- Community college transfer students who entered UW in winter or spring quarter of 2017 are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
To enter, the applicant applicants may log-in to create a new application through the given link: https://wasp.ess.washington.edu/application_tool/UWtransfer_tool/
- Transcripts: All transcripts must be official and delivered in a sealed envelope from your institution.
- All other application materials (essays, economic challenge statement, and list of honors/activities) should be uploaded with your application
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarships range from $2,000 to $5,000 and are awarded for one year at a time.
The 2017 scholarship applications are due on June 2, 2017.
Link for More Information: