World Summit Award (WSA) 2017 for Young Digital Entrepreneurs
Application Deadline: June 15th 2017
The World Summit Award (WSA) looks for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories. WSA focusses on content depth, strategic value and local impact of a product.
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- The participation in the WSA Youth category is restricted to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team, where at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team is under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1987) from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
- Submissions for the WSA can contain all mobile and web-based applications, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, prototypes, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted.
- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2015. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document those significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organisation, company or team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the WSA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
- Taking part in the WSA is eligible by being nominated by a WSA national expert.
- Registration, including submitting project information, must be completed online via the WSA contest database
- Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
HOW TO APPLY
1. To find out who your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador is, please click here. WSA office will be happy to introduce you to your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador. Once you have contacted your expert, they will go through the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you.
Some countries also offer application through a national contest.
2. Your project will be reviewed and evaluated if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA. If your project is chosen to be nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador will enter your data in the WSA online Contest Database. Please make sure your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador has the right contact data.
3. Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check you spam. After submitting your application you are officially enrolled in the global WSA. An especially assembled international Jury will then evaluated all enrolled projects and choose the 46 winners of each year.
For More Information: