SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are currently been submitted for the World Meteorological Organization Water Photo Competition 2018, eligible persons are invited to send in their application for this program.
- All photos must be a minimum size of 10cms to 15cms and in high resolution (minimum 300 DPI).
- All photos must be submitted in JPEG or TIFF format (with little compression to preserve image quality.
- Black and white photographs as well as coloured photographs will be accepted.
- N.B. WMO will require a higher-resolution for shortlisted photographs of at least A3 (42 x 30 cm or 30 x 16.5 inches) at 300 dpi, minimum size of 9000 x 5000 in pixels.
- All photos must be clearly captioned, including a title, a location and the date of the photograph
Entries will narrowed down to a shortlist by a WMO panel of experts in hydrology as well as experienced professional photographers. Entries will be judged on:
- Technical quality, clarity, and composition
- Visual impact
- Novelty and flair for the unexpected
WMO will publish shortlisted photos on Facebook, allowing Facebook fans to vote for their favourite photos. The competition will also be promoted via Instagram and Twitter. Voting on photographs will be restricted to once daily per IP address. The WMO jury will have the final say on the 12 photos to be featured in the WMO Bulletin and the conference. Other shortlisted photographs will be featured on the WMO social media channels.
The deadline for entry is 1 December 2017. Results will be announced before 15 January 2018.
No cash prize will be offered to winners of the photo contest.
Application Deadline: 1 December 2017
For More Information: