Last updated on February 12th, 2018 at 09:24 pm
The aim of the bank is to reach the best and brightest researchers and lecturers from the highest quality institutions and region’s universities, research centres and relevant professional networks.
There are specific language requirements of each country and university so the student should go through these before applying.
Level/Field of Study:
Fellowships are available to conduct PhD research in a World Bank member country other than their home country or country of residence. Fellowships are awarded in fields related to economic development.
any host institution outside of the fellow’s country.
Students from Develping countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
RSMFP provides up to $25,000 (U.S.) for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country. The scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period.
World Bank McNamara Fellowships Program Requirements:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be under the age of 35 on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centred on a field of development.
Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria will not change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application.
English Language Requirement: There are specific language requirements of each country and university so the student should go through these before applying.
How to Apply:
When the call for applications is open, the application guidelines, online application, and a final list of eligibility criteria will be available on this site. The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- The completed application form
- An agreement to the terms and conditions for an RSMFP fellowship listed on the Application Form’s Signature Page;
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the host university research advisor; and
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the PhD Thesis supervisor.
All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
The call for applications for an RSM Fellowship is November(annually)