The World Bank and the Wharton School are pleased to invited students for the World Bank Group/Wharton School Ideas for Action Competition 2018, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program
About the Award:
Ideas for Action, now hosting its fourth global competition, aims to provide young leaders with a unique opportunity to help shape the global development agenda.
Past winning proposals include a peer-to-peer hyper local approach to last-mile delivery in Nigeria, a mobile platform that allows users to inform themselves and alert others of traffic and security problems in real time, and a novel microinsurance product for remittance payments in India.
University of Pennsylvania
Value of Scholarship:
The finalists and winners will be selected by a panel of academics and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions. Winners of the competition get the opportunity to:
- Present their ideas at an event during the Annual Meetings of the IMF and the World Bank Group,
- Receive support from a project incubator at the Wharton School, and
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with experts from international development, academia, and the private sector.
- Teams must consist of two to six members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities etc.
- Students and young professionals between the ages 18 and 35 from around the world are invited participate.
- Teams must register at www.ideas4action.org prior to submitting their proposal. Once registered, teams will receive additional materials to help them prepare their proposals.
- Submission requirements can be found on the website.
How to Apply:
Proposals must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format using the SurveyMonkey link below.
Your proposal should include the following:
- Title and team name
- Short abstract
- Explanation of the problem and context: Briefly describe the problem that your proposal is addressing.
- Your solution: Succinctly describe your idea (including design, target population, stakeholders, incentives, and implementation)
- Expected impact: Why is it relevant?
- Are there similar examples? If so, where and how?
- Challenges: What are challenges you might face and how can they be addressed?
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2018
Award Provider: World Bank Group, Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.