SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The World Bank Group Analyst Program is a new and unique package by World Bank for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at: Positions may be based in Washington, DC or in a local office.
About the Award: Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes. You will have the opportunity to contribute and grow your skills in areas ranging from analytics, research, data management, project management and finance. In addition, the program offers various cohort activities aimed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
Upon completion of the program, there may be opportunities for you to continue your career in the World Bank Group. Participants holding a Master’s degree who find the opportunity to continue their career at the WBG may also be eligible for advancement opportunities. Alternatively, you may leverage the experience you have gained to pursue further studies or other opportunities in international development.
Type: Contract Job
– Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
– Passion to contribute to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
– 28 years of age or younger (i.e., born on or after January 1st, 1989)
– Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by December 31, 2017
– One to three years of relevant work experience in the recruitment stream is considered.
– Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential
– Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred
– Fluency in English is required. Fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred.
In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the World Bank Group Core Competencies (Read more about the Selection Cycle):
-Deliver results for clients
– Lead and innovate
– Collaborate within teams and across boundaries
– Create, apply and share knowledge
– Make smart decisions
Selection Criteria: To be competitive for this highly selective program, you need to demonstrate a commitment to development, analytical thinking, proven academic success, and leadership potential. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program:
- Contract: a three-year local term contract is being offered.
- Salary: WBG Analysts are offered a locally-competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident and Other Insurance Programs: WBG Analyst and their families (including declared domestic partners) may choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans. The WBG also provides basic life and accident insurance to all staff at no cost, and staff can elect optional life and accident insurance plans. The WBG also provides disability and Workers’ Compensation coverage to staff at no cost.
- Pension Plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Upon separation from the WBG, either a lump sum or a pension will become payable to the staff based on eligibility.
- Relocation Benefits on Appointment: For WBG Analysts relocating to a new country, a cash allowance at the discretion of their hiring unit may be granted.
- Tax Allowance: U.S. staff receive an additional quarterly payment to cover the U.S., state and local income tax liabilities on their World Bank Group income. Expatriates and U.S. permanent residents do not incur U.S. income tax liability and are thus not eligible for this benefit.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
Duration of Selection and Program: Based on the business needs in a specific recruitment stream, a select number of candidates may potentially be approached for further interviewing/testing between May, 2017 and January 31, 2018. Offers will be made during that period. Selected candidates will enter the World Bank Group between May 2017 and March 2018 and will start their development curriculum in mid-March 2018.
The WBG Analyst Program (WBG AP) offers a mix of challenging work program and a comprehensive development curriculum for three years.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should go through full instructions for selection and application in the Program Webpage (See link below) before applying.
Award Provider: World Bank Group
Application Deadline: 21st April 2017