SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
World Bank Big Data Innovation Challenge
The World Bank has launched its Big Data Innovation Challenge to find big data solution addressing two challenge areas Food Security and Nutrition and Forestry and Watersheds. The challenge is open to applicants from member countries of the World Bank. They seek to identify and recognize high potential solutions developed by individuals and organizations in the critical areas of sustainable development. Winners for both challenges will get 10,000 USD and will be recognized through public communications from the World Bank Group.
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. They are not a bank in the ordinary sense but a unique partnership to reduce poverty and support development.
- This Innovation Challenge is open to individuals, students and entrepreneurs as well as start-ups, university labs, private companies, nonprofits and public sector agencies legally established in member countries of the World Bank Group.
- You can check the list of countries through the given link: http://www.worldbank.org/en/country
- Individuals must be of an age of majority in their country at the time of entry. Individuals may form teams and submit entries on behalf of teams. Individuals who join teams must meet the eligibility requirements for Individual Applicants.
- Organizations must be legally established entities (profit, non-profit, academic) or public sector agencies/organizations in their respective countries.
- Employees, contractors and vendors of the World Bank Group are not eligible to join the Challenge.
How to Apply:
A global call to find big data solutions that address issues pertaining to two critical challenge areas:
- Food: food security and nutrition
- Landscapes: forestry and watersheds
Each Submission must be at minimum a working prototype that uses big data and works as expressed in the text description of the Submission.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Challenge Winners will be selected and awarded for the following categories:
- Food Challenge: Food Security or Nutrition – Best big data solution: 10,000 USD
- Landscapes Challenge: Forestry or Watersheds – Best big data solution: 10,000 USD
- Honorable mentions: (At least 3 honorable mentions for most innovative big data solution and other recognition awards to be announced in the near future)
- All winning projects will be recognized through public communications from the World Bank Group and may be mentioned as part of a high-profile international development event. The World Bank Group may also decide to invite various participants to present their work at a workshop to facilitate dialogue and knowledge exchange.
You can apply for World Bank Big Data Innovation Challenge by November annually
Link for More Information: