Work-Study in UK: 5 Types of Visa to Apply for After Graduation
Working and studying in the UK is what most students in the UK want. However, if you are an international student, here are the 5 types of visa to apply for after graduation.
London has eight universities in the top ten UK universities with the best starting salaries for graduates. As a global city, London has fantastic links with blue-chip companies in all industries.
The city’s universities have some of the highest graduate employment rates in the UK. Whether you return home or stay in the UK, a London degree will boost your CV and make you stand out in a crowd.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships in 2020
- 2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Non-EU Students and Work Visas
Non-EU students who wish to remain in the UK after they have graduated must apply for a work visa from UK Visa and Immigration. There are several visas you can apply for as a London graduate:
- Tier 2 (General) Visa: This is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. from a recognized UK university. Before you apply you must have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,800. After five years of employment, Tier 2 visa holders can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK providing they meet the salary requirements (£35,000) and other relevant eligibility criteria. Visit the UK Home Office website for further information.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa: This visa option is open to all students who are developing a world-class business idea. You will need to be identified and sponsored by your university as having the potential to create your own business in the UK. This applies to all graduating students from any subject discipline.
- Tier 4 (Student) Visa: If you are a student completing a Ph.D. at a UK higher education institute you can apply to stay in the UK for a further 12 months after your course completion date. You will be sponsored by your university but you will have full unrestricted work rights, except for some limited professions such as doctors or dentists.
- Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme: Some nationalities are eligible to apply for a two-year work scheme permit. You can find details on the UK Home Office website.
- Tier 5 Temporary Worker: This visa allows you to work in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months (depending on the scheme you’re applying for). International students in the UK can apply for the Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa to undertake work experience and internships in the UK after their studies. You can apply to switch from your Tier 4 visa to this visa from within the UK.
Find out more about UK student visas and the latest changes on the UK Visa and Immigration website.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- 2020 UOW Sydney Business School Bursary Scheme
- Study in Monaco: List of Universities in Monaco and their Tuition Fees
- Undergraduate Scholarships at Arcada University of Applied Sciences in Finland, 2020
- Yali network online courses 2020 [UPDATED]
- Atlantic Media Fellowship Program in USA 2020
- Mazars Bursary in South Africa 2020 | UPDATED
- Study Abroad In Bulgaria: Cost Of Living, Tuition Fees, and Top 10 Universities
- Fully Funded Adelaide Scholarships for International Students 2020
- 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country
- 25 Master’s Scholarship in Human Rights in South Africa, 2020
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Thinking of working in UK after graduation? You will need certain kind of visa. Check out 5 Types of Work-Study Visa to Apply for After Graduation. Apply