If with your education abroad, you wish to benefit your developing community, then you should try out the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship. However, you will only be eligible for the Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarship if you’re pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma.
Here’s all you should know about the Wells Mountain Initiative Scholarship so as to apply before the deadline.
The Wells Mountain Initiative, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, offers a number of scholarships. Those scholarships are exclusively open to students from developing countries who are pursuing undergraduate degree. Up to 30 awards are given annually.
Wells Mountian Initiative Scholarship Award Value
The Wells Mountain Initiative Scholarship range from $300 USD to $3,000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1,400. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and room rent.
Level and Area of Study
Undergraduate degree in any field, but applications are encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities – medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture and engineering.
Place of Study
The home country or any developing country.
Students of Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia , Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo Democratic Republic of, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, East Timor, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea North, Korea South, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia , Libya , Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar(Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabweans
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants must have;
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- Have volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the Wells Mountain Initiative scholarship
- Some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
Students from developing countries are invited to apply.
Please learn the detail instruction of application procedure at the link below.
The application for the 2020 Wells Mountain Initiative Scholarships starts December 1, 2019 and ends March 1, 2020. Ensure to submit your WMI application before the deadline.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- International Intermediate Fellowships
- Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa (DENOSA) Bursary
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka: Scholarships, Admission, Courses Offered, Tuition Fee, Ranking.
- 21 Fully Funded UK PhD Scholarships
- Zhejiang University Scholarship Program
- 20 Masters Scholarships For Burundi Students To Study Abroad
- University of Kent Mozambique Conservation Research Scholarships in UK
- 24 fully funded scholarships for developing countries
- 17 PhD Scholarships for Botswana Students