SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Apply for the WKPP Scholarships
The WKPP Scholarship Applications are currently ongoing. The Scholarship for Jamaica Students is designed to Fund fees for Students in the Tertiary Institutions in Jamaica. WKPP scholarships cover tuition, books and material valued at J$250,000.
What you need to know about the Scholarship:
The West Kingston Power Partners (WKPP) recognizes the need for academic advancement in order to foster economic development in Jamaica. The Company remains committed to assist in laying the building blocks for academic success in the West Kingston division, in which it operates. As such, the company awards two (2) WKPP scholarships each academic year to cover tuition, books and material valued at J$250,000.
Children in the Western Kingston Division- Must have lived in the Division for a minimum of five years and currently reside in the Division.
Level/Field of Study:
The WKPP Scholarship is designed for Jamaican Students pursuing a degree in any accredited University in the country. Any choice course is accepted.
The Scholarship is hosted in Jamaica.
The Scholarship is only designed for Jamaica Students.
WKPP scholarships cover tuition, books and material valued at J$250,000 yearly.
The WKPP Scholarship Eligibility
- All children who live in the Western Kingston Division on the above- mentioned definition;
- The WKPP Scholarship is to be awarded for study at a recognized/accredited tertiary institution must be approved and regulated by the relevant governing bodies;
- An individual must be twenty-one years (21) or younger upon entry to the institution in order to benefit from this programme;
- WKPP Scholarship is provided for academic excellence and or financial need.
Value of the WKPP Scholarship
WKPP Scholarships will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition; and
- Related expenses such as books, supplies and equipment required for courses;
- The WKPP scholarship does not cover expenses such as room and board fees;
- This award is eligible to both full time and part time students pursuing degree and diploma programmes. However, for part-time students to be eligible the individual must demonstrate exceptional circumstances that have prevented him/her from full-time enrollment;
Duration of the WKPP Scholarship Program
- The duration and the value of the WKPP scholarship are dependent on the discretion of the management and board of directors of Jamaica Energy Partners.
- However, as a guide, the WKPP scholarship will be for a minimum of one year, provided that the student is able to maintain an average grade point average (GPA) of B+.
- Any recipient who falls below the required GPA for any semester will have a semester to improve the grades, should the WKPP scholarship be for a period greater than one (1) year. Failure to meet the required grade will result in the WKPP scholarship being discontinued. The individual may reapply should the grades be improved to the required level.
- The WKPP scholarship may be extended for a period not greater than the prescribed length of study as described and prescribed by the tertiary institution.
- The value of the WKPP scholarship will be dependent on the tertiary institution and the availability of funds by the company.
- The company maintains the right to discontinue funding and the programme at any time it deems fit.
- WKPP Scholarships will be terminated on the following basis:
- Suspension from school for misconduct or inappropriate behavior
- Failure to meet academic progress
- If the student was dishonest on the application for the WKPP scholarship.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Get Additional WKPP Scholarship Application Process information by clicking HERE