The Wits University is delighted to invite applications for it’s fully funded Postgraduate Bursaries in different fields. These bursaries are open on the basis of competition for South African and Sub-Saharan African students. The main focus of this bursary program is to enable and encourage academically able students from South Africa. All applicants are to also adhere strictly to the listed eligibility criteria.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, is a multi-campus South African public research university situated in the northern areas of central Johannesburg. It is more commonly known as Wits University or Wits.
The Wits University is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
Wits University fees
As an indication of the cost, we provide the fees charged in 2019. Fees were raised in 2016 by 8% but were not raised from 2017 to 2018. Fee increases for 2019, are not announced before November 2019.
In 2019 fees are as follows:
- Tuition fee for South African citizens or permanent residents for full-time study towards the MBE Housing: approximately R50 480
- Tuition fee for foreign students for full-time study: approximately R50 480 plus an additional foreign registration fee of
o R5 430 (SADC and beyond – including Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe).
o Full-time foreign students also have to pay a medical aid of approximately R4 020/year upfront.
Part-time students only pay the fees for the course/s which they are registered for. In 2019, part-time students are charged R30 200 for four courses. Their fees in the second year will be slightly lower, as they will only take one more course and do their research. However, the annual fee increase will apply to them.
Wits University Courses
Wits University has 5 faculties encompassing the Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Engineering, Health Sciences and Humanities with 33 schools offering over 3000 courses.
What You Need To Know About Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries in South Africa
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
These bursaries are available to pursue the master degree awarded in the following fields:
- Architecture in the field of Sustainable and Energy Efficient Cities (March (SEEC))
- Development Planning
- Built Environment in the field of Housing
- Urban Studies
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa. If you are an international student and you desire to study in South Africa. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in South Africa
South African and Sub-Saharan African applicants are eligible for these bursaries. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
These bursaries will cover the followings:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living
- Expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
Numbers of Scholarships
The scholarship has Fourteen offers available.
Eligibility For The Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries in South Africa:
Applicants must meet the following area for these bursaries:
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued upon application for admission.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduate.
How to Apply For The Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries in South Africa:
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Once an application for admission into the relevant degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the attached bursary application form, providing the ‘person number’ issued by Wits University.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June annually.
We also recommend the following available scholarships
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019-2020
- Vodacom Internship Programme 2019
- DRD/DAAD Masters & PhD Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2019-2020
- 2019 South African Tourism Internship Programme
- South African Students International Program At Washignton 2019
- National Research Foundation Grant Bursaries Call 2019
- Australia Awards Africa-Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019
- University of Cape Town, South Africa: Ranking, Tuition, and Admission Requirements
- Ivan Karp African Students Doctoral Research Awards in South African Universities 2019
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
searching for postgraduate scholarships in South Africa? Apply for Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries,application and fulfill your dreams