SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Wits University is delighted to invite applications for it’s fully funded Postgraduate Bursaries in different fields. These bursaries are open on the basis of competition for South African and Sub-Saharan African students. The main focus of this bursary program is to enable and encourage academically able students from South Africa. All applicants are to also adhere strictly to the listed eligibility criteria.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, is a multi-campus South African public research university situated in the northern areas of central Johannesburg. It is more commonly known as Wits University or Wits.
The Wits University is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
wits university fees
As an indication of the cost, we provide the fees charged in 2017. Fees were raised 2016 by 8% but were not raised from 2015 to 2016. Fee increases for 2018, are not announced before November 2017.
In 2017 fees are as follows:
- Tuition fee for South African citizens or permanent residents for full-time study towards the MBE Housing: approximately R50 480
- Tuition fee for foreign students for full-time study: approximately R50 480 plus an additional foreign registration fee of
o R5 430 (SADC and beyond – including Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe).
o Full-time foreign students also have to pay a medical aid of approximately R4 020/year upfront (this was the amount for 2016)
Part time students only pay the fees for the course/s which they are registered for. In 2016, part time students are charged R30 200 for four courses. Their fees in the second year will be slightly lower, as they will only take one more course and do their research. However the annual fee increase will apply to them.
wits university courses
Wits University has 5 faculties encompassing the Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Engineering, Health Sciences and Humanities with 33 schools offering over 3000 courses.
What You Need To Know About Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries in South Africa
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
These bursaries are available to pursue the master degree awarded in the following fields:
- Architecture in the field of Sustainable and Energy Efficient Cities (March (SEEC))
- Development Planning
- Built Environment in the field of Housing
- Urban Studies
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
South African and Sub-Saharan African applicants are eligible for these bursaries.
These bursaries will cover the followings:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living
- Expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
Numbers of Scholarships: Fourteen scholarships are available.
Eligibility For The Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries in South Africa:
Applicants must meet the following area for these bursaries:
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued upon application for admission.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduate.
How to Apply For The Wits University Fully Funded Postgraduate Bursaries in South Africa:
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Once an application for admission into the relevant degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the attached bursary application form, providing the ‘person number’ issued by Wits University.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June annually.