SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The University of Michigan Library’s Special Collections Library is delighted to offer William P. Heidrich Research Fellowships to study in the USA. The US, as well as foreign nationals, are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The University of Michigan mission is to support, enhance, and collaborate in the instructional, research, and service activities of the faculty, students, and staff, and contribute to the common good by collecting, organizing, preserving, communicating, and sharing the record of human knowledge.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Applications for support for all types of research projects — academic, creative, journalistic, etc. — will be considered, and no specific credentials are required.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Scholarship Award: The fellowships will provide funds for travel and housing for on-site research on any topic that is supported by the Labadie Collection. The amount of funding awarded will be based on the individual needs of the recipient(s).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Nationality: The US, as well as foreign nationals, are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. There are no academic requirements.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application Components
- Project proposal (500 words or fewer) describing the research topic and why Labadie Collection materials are central to the work. Please be as specific as possible.
- Budget of time needed and travel expenses (make note of regular closings)
- Two letters of support
- CV or resume
- Optional: previous research funding awards (amounts, source, project)
- Optional: personal statement (500 words or fewer) to further support your application
- Applications must be submitted via email to heidrichresearchfellowship-at-umich.edu as a single attachment. The application evaluation process may include requests for further information, such as writing samples.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is September 15, 2017.