Wild Gift presents to you a 12-month Wild Gift Fellowship that begins with a three-week wilderness trek in central Idaho. In addition to offering leadership opportunities, the trek also serves as an uninterrupted space to work on your social venture. Check it out
About Wild Gift
Wild Gift is a nonprofit organization that supports the next generation of social entrepreneurs through a unique wilderness-based fellowship. Over 50 Wild Gift Fellows are now working around the world in education, sustainable agriculture, affordable housing, energy innovation, community development, public policy, and conservation.
The wild Gift Fellowship program is the host to the Deep Wilderness Trek which consists of the Sun Valley Trekking and The Synergy River Trip.
About WildGift Fellowship Progam
Each year, Wild Gift selects a small group of better world entrepreneurs for a 12-month fellowship that includes mentoring, fundraising support, and wilderness-based programs that teach leadership and business skills while building a lifelong support network.
Structured workshops and unstructured conversations with your guides and class of five Fellows follow full-day hikes and end by a fire or in a tent or yurt. The trek aims to create an enduring community and connection to place that help sustain you and your social venture.
After the trek, Fellows stay connected via monthly video calls, work with a mentor, and engage the broader Wild Gift community—a group of well-connected alumni and supporters who are eager to help you with challenges from fundraising to sales and marketing.
A one-week river trip on the Salmon River concludes the Fellowship. The Synergy River Trip is an opportunity to reconvene with your class, renew connections with people and place, and just enjoy yourself!
Level/Field of study
Wild Gift fellowship is specially meant for social Entrepreneurs who work around the world in education, sustainable agriculture, affordable housing, energy efficiency and innovation, community development, public policy, wetland conservation, and stewardship.
The scholarship is hosted in Idaho, USA.
The applicants applying for Wild Gift Fellowship 2020 can be a citizen of any country around the world. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The benefits accompanying Wild Gift Fellowship 2020 includes the following;
- The Wild Gift: a guided three-week wilderness trek in the Idaho backcountry as well as a one-week whitewater river rafting trip on the Salmon River in Idaho.
- A $350 allowance for airfare to Idaho.
- A project mentor(s) who will work with you throughout the course of your Fellowship, plus access to a pool of resource mentors to provide specific expertise when needed.
- Opportunity to participate in Wild Gift alumni retreats and trips.
- Lifetime membership in the vibrant Wild Gift Network that includes alumni, mentors, and supporters.
- A tight-knit cadre of alumni working all over the world, including sponsorship to attend annual Fellowship retreats
- Exposure to a growing pool of potential angel investors interested in socially impactful businesses
- Support beyond the official term of their Fellowship through ongoing networking opportunities, knowledge sharing, speaking invitations, and continued inclusion in Wild Gift’s national and international outreach.
The number of opening is not specified.
To be eligible for Wild Gift Fellowship, applicants must meet the listed criteria
- Applicants have to be Canadian or American taxpayers (venture might be found all over the planet).
- Applicants should be willing and ready to take part in a rigorous 16-day wilderness trek and also a weeklong whitewater river rafting journey.
- Applicants have to have the ability to devote to all of those additional requirements of this 16-month Fellowship.
- The attorney cannot be full-time students once the Fellowship begins.
- The social venture has to address adaptation to or decrease this impact from climate shift.
- Social partnership has to be the first stage, normally significance significantly less than two yrs of age. Businesses still from the idea point are encouraged to employ.
- The social venture has to be the initial thought of this applicant.
Before applying for a Wild Gift Fellowship, go to our website and take a look at what our fellows are doing.
- Do your research, consider your timing for applying and in particular whether you are ready to make a commitment to our program (including the Wilderness Experience) requirements and the launch of your social venture.
- Your application must be fully completed and uploaded to our website no later than 5 pm May 1. You will receive an email acknowledgment when we receive the full application. Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
- Completed applications will be submitted to our selection committee, which is made up of Wild Gift board members and alumni. You will be notified if further information is required.
- The selection committee typically selects 10 finalists. A member of our selection committee will contact you to inform you of our decision and additional application requirements at that time. They will include the submission of a more detailed Social Venture Plan.
- Finalists will be given an opportunity to post their profile and social venture concept on our website during the interview process.
- Interviews are granted by invitation only. The interview plays a central part in our final selection process. Once you contact us accepting an interview, we will arrange a day that is convenient for both parties. Where possible, they will be conducted by Skype or Google Hangout.
- References for finalists will also be interviewed by members of the Selection Committee.
- The selection committee will announce the new class of fellows in July.
The scholarship has ended. Keep checking with us for more details about it.
Applicants who wish to begin applying can enroll using the scholarship link http://wildgift.org/user/register.
Check for other fellowship details on the WildGift official Website
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- NSHSS Earth Day Award for High School Students in USA 2020
- Copy link15+ Ongoing Local Scholarships in Kenya 2020 [Updated]
- Copy linkUS$1,000,000 Fenox Venture Capital Startup World Cup in USA 2020
- Copy link$5000 Gladys Carol Scholarship for Graduate Students 2020
- Copy linkDavidson Fellows Scholarships Application 2020
- Copy linkFully Funded IREX Community Solutions Program for Youth Leaders 2020
- Copy linkMasters Scholarships for International Students To study in Belgium 2020
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.