West Virginia University
West Virginia University is a public institution located along the Monongahela River in the small city of Morgantown in the northern part of the state. WVU offers nearly 200 bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and professional programs within 15 colleges.
At West Virginia University, 51 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $5,212.
Paying for college doesn’t have to be difficult or devastating.
West Virginia University Scholarships 2019
West Virginia University students usually have one thing in common: they are looking for ways to reduce the cost of higher education. One of the best ways to reduce the amount you pay to WVU is to receive scholarships.
A good starting point is to complete the FAFSA application form, which can tell you quickly if you are eligible for a grant from the government or the state.
In addition to completing the FAFSA application, you want to be sure you can receive the scholarships you qualify for through the WVU.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
You will find below a list of scholarships that you might consider in your question for free money. It is important to note that WVU Scholarships fall into five main categories:
- external or private scholarships,
- non-traditional students,
- institutional scholarships,
- scholarships abroad,
- departmental or university scholarships.
You can find out more about these categories here.
This scholarship is intended to help non-traditional students aged 25 to 50 to obtain their first undergraduate degree. The award offers students a scholarship of up to $ 5,000 a year.
Students can only use this money to cover tuition fees. To be eligible, students must not go to school for at least five years. In addition, students must demonstrate a high financial need, plan to study part-time or full-time, and have been admitted to West Virginia University.
To apply for this scholarship, students must complete an online application form. In addition, two essays, a CV and an optional letter of recommendation are required to complete the application process. More information on this award is available on this link.
WVU transfer scholarships:
Students who move from other institutions to WVU are eligible for an additional scholarship. Students who are WV residents can receive up to $2,000 per year to support their studies while residents outside of WV can receive up to $5,000 per year in financial assistance.
To participate in these scholarships, students must be admitted to the WVU before July 1st. Additionally, students must have at least 15 credit hours (but no more than 78 credit hours) that can be transferred to WVU. All applicants must hold at least a 3.0-grade point average. More information on this scholarship can be found on this site.
Both returning and first-time WVU students may be considered for a departmental scholarship. A full list of colleges, along with their respective scholarships, can be found at their website.
These awards range in value. Make sure to read the application instructions carefully, as application deadlines, application requirements, and the application process may vary. Students who are looking for additional WVU scholarships might wish to contact the admission’s office, which maintains a full list of all potential WVU scholarships.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Masergy STEM Scholarship 2019-2020 [worth $5000]
- Alaska Performance Scholarship 2019-2020
- Scholarships: mbbs in usa for international Students 2019-2020
- NCSF Scholarships Application For Students
- Obama Foundation Internships 2019-2020 [PAID]
- 51+ PhD in Disaster Management Scholarships 2019-2020
- International Students Acu scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Zale Parry Scholarship 2019-2020 | APPLY NOW
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for young Nigerians 2019/2020
- Top 10 Most Searched Universities on Google in the World