The Telethon Kids Institute is inviting applications for Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research Scholarships.
Successful applications will receive up to $10,000 per annum tax free for a Honours (1 year), Masters (2 years), MD (2 years) or PhD (3 years) student at any stage in candidature.
The mission of the Telethon Kids Institute’s Wesfarmers Centre of Vaccines & Infectious Diseases (Wesfarmers Centre) is to reduce the burden of serious childhood infectious diseases by finding better prevention and treatment solutions.
The Telethon Kids Institute is an Australian medical research institute focused on the prevention of pediatric disease and the development of improved treatments to improve the health and well being of children.
Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research Scholarships are available to undertake a higher degree by research at an Australian university.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Successful applications towards the Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research will receive up to $10,000 per annum tax free for a Honours (1 year), Masters (2 years), MD (2 years) or PhD (3 years) student at any stage in candidature.
Check out the World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020 and don’t forget to rate this content as we promise to serve more mind-blowing academic and scholarship contents.
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Place of Study
The Scholarships can be taken in any university in Australia.
Applicants for the Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- They must be currently enrolled at an Australian university for ?0.5FTE
- Must be contingents on receiving a Research Training Program award (formally the Australian Postgraduate Awards) or an equivalent scheme
- Must be an employee of the Telethon Kids Institute, or postgraduate student whose supervisor holds a permanent/honorary position at the Telethon Kids Institute
- Should have a proposed research topic in line with the research of the Wesfarmers Centre, i.e. aimed at reducing the burden of serious childhood infectious diseases by finding better diagnostic, prevention and treatment solutions
Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be currently enrolled at an Australian university for 0.5FTE
How to Apply for the Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research Scholarships:
Applications should be in a single PDF document and include:
- A 1-page introductory letter containing the following information:
Enrolling university and school;
A statement addressing the eligibility criteria;
The title of the proposed Honours, Masters, MD, or PhD project;
A list of all supervisors, including where each is located, and the % of supervision for each; and
Contact details of two independent referees (i.e. not supervisors).
- Outline of the proposed project, including aim and objectives, methodology, expected deliverables, and potential translatable impact (max. 2 pages).
- A copy of highest academic record final transcript or previous year MD results (or equivalent).
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages).
- A short statement from Telethon Kids Institute supervisor stating they have discussed the project and support your application for this award (may be in the form of an email from the supervisor).
The application deadline for the Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research Scholarships is October 31, 2020.