Table of Contents Hide
- What Separates the Rich from the Poor?
- How Does the Rich think differently from the Poor?
- 15 ways Poor people try to look Rich
- 1. Wear designer brands:
- 2. Eats lots of fast food:
- 3. Drives a car more expensive than Home:
- 4. Brags about Money:
- 5. Rent Cars to go on date:
- 6. Overdressing:
- 7. Flexes their network:
- 8. Poor People pretend they know it all:
- 9. Question authorities:
- 10. Likes to boss people:
- 11. Spends cash around:
- 12. Bad Plastic Surgeries and implants:
- 13. Buying fake jewelry:
- 14. Well-designed home outdoor with the poor interior:
- 15. Buys expensive bags:
- How do you go from Poor to rich?
If you only think of poor people as those who wear shattered clothing or live in slumps, then you are wrong.
People with average income living a pretend lifestyle and spending above their earnings are poor too. These kinds of people dress flamboyantly and make radical decisions with their income.
Whereas, rich people are those who consciously spend their money without the need to impress anyone.
And while we are here, let’s see 15 unique ways poor people try to look rich in clear terms.
What Separates the Rich from the Poor?
First off, what separates the rich from the poor?
A clear-cut line exists between the poor and rich. For the rich, it all boils down to steady diligence to stay rich always. While a poor person thinks of ways to spend money and make an impression, a rich person looks for ways to make money work for them.
You see, the rich invest their capital into growing assets so they don’t work for money for the rest of their life.
How Does the Rich think differently from the Poor?
The rich think in terms of growth. They are always ready to invest capital into a profitable niche. That itself reduces the odds of them being poor. Think about real estate, venture capital, consultancy, and online marketing you will find them there.
The rich think in terms of what returns they will get in a business venture. Besides, they prioritize relationships and networks way above personal gains. When it comes to taking risks, rich people don’t hesitate. To the rich, it always about the long-term goal.
You need to read this: 10 Steps to a Budget Made Easy Process in 2021
15 ways Poor people try to look Rich
However, most poor do the following in order to look rich:
1. Wear designer brands:
Let’s face it: there are lots of exclusive clothing brands out there.
Many of these brands embody their logo and unique branding on their wear. The crazy part is, they are not cheap to buy.
Unfortunately, most poor people see the purchase of these designer brands as a top-notch style in a rich world.
Often investing a major part of their income to get the classy designer wears and sacrifice their comfort.
The truth is, the richest designer wears don’t have logos or any brand on them and are well-fitting.
2. Eats lots of fast food:
The poor go around spending money at fast-food restaurants that charge top premium prices.
The actual rich people don’t spend most of their time going to such fast food joints. Understand this and save yourself the unnecessary expense that comes with fast food.
3. Drives a car more expensive than Home:
A car isn’t an investment because it depreciates with time. Having a home asset does come as a worthy investment.
So there’s no point buying an expensive-looking car while you are still paying rent. Think about it, the real rich people buy cars not because of design, but majorly due to some safety features.
4. Brags about Money:
That’s actually a show-off but that’s what poor people do.
In the real wealth cycle, it often rare thing for money to come into the conversation unless it a business deal. Bragging about the money you spent on an item goes to show how it was a fortune to you.
5. Rent Cars to go on date:
Poor people rent cars just to make an impression on their dates. That involves taking short-term loans and signing off damage agreements. This approach to dating is totally wrong and will eventually catch up with you.
It’s the best deal to focus on making money rather than go on dates that increase your debt.
The rich know the appropriate wear for every occasion. However, most poor people who pretend, dress flamboyantly. They are likely the type who wears overflowing gowns to a casual get-together party.
Real wealth doesn’t show off, it reflects with little to no effort.
7. Flexes their network:
This is an act common to people who deliberately drop the names of their rich and famous friends in conversations. The sole purpose is to gain credibility.
If you are rich and famous you don’t need to make an introduction or associate yourself with someone famous.
8. Poor People pretend they know it all:
You only learn more and grow your wealth when you question things curiously. And that’s what many rich people do to improve their knowledge capacity than their net worth.
Poor people just assume they know it all and don’t question objectively.
You know poor people when you see them question decisions made by the government. To them, it’s a way to sound cool and establish a stance in their society.
10. Likes to boss people:
Poor people who like to look rich are extremely bossy. They think exercising power over people increases their perception of being rich.
11. Spends cash around:
The availability of credit cards provides a platform for people to make payments and transfers without holding a wand of cash. You literally don’t expect anyone to carry stacks of dollars around.
Unfortunately, people with a poor mindset like to carry money around just to flex. The crazy thing is that some withdraw their rent or mortgage just to impress people.
12. Bad Plastic Surgeries and implants:
Taking plastic surgery does sound cool especially if you are rich. What is not cool is when you go for cheap, bad plastic surgery just to look like a rich model.
In the end, these surgeries disfigure the face. The same goes for breast implants.
This is one of the ways poor people try to look rich.
13. Buying fake jewelry:
If you have seen people wearing massive jewelleries and chains like Nas X or Migos. Be sure that most are fake and many poor use this to play pretend.
14. Well-designed home outdoor with the poor interior:
You can know poor people who pretend rich just from the exterior and interior design of their home. For such people the exterior look appears better than their home interior.
15. Buys expensive bags:
Some Poor people buy bags way above their net worth just to play pretend. So, e9xcept you are worth $10,000 you have no business buying a luxury bag.
How do you go from Poor to rich?
I hate to break this news to you; being rich isn’t a walk in the park. You must be ready to put perseverance and commitment into a venture to move from poor to rich.
Stop trying to look rich as a poor person, there are easier ways to join the cue of rich people.
That could take months to years, depending on your effort and your expert niche.
Above all, be ready to do the following:
- Take financial education: The first fundamental step to being rich is taking financial education. You don’t need a college degree to learn financial education. There are lots of resources online like books and podcasts. I recommend you start with Robert Kiyosaki’s book-Rich Dad, Poor Dad to study how the financial world evolves.
- Don’t overspend: Here’s one statement I have for you “if you can live without it, then don’t buy.” That’s enough to keep you in check. Take track of your daily expenditure and do all you can to cut down unnecessary expenses.
- Focus on clearing your debts: I know you are ready to start your journey to being rich. However, the truth is: you can’t get anywhere to being a rich person when you have debts over your head. That boils down to your student loans or mortgage. In short, if your debt doesn’t have future value, it’s bad and you should focus on settling it first.
- Invest: There are a couple of options you can start investing, that range from cryptocurrencies, mutual funds, shares, and stocks. However, I am no financial advisor and I would advise you to take your research before you invest in any option. One Bad investment can cost you a lot.
That’s all to the ways poor people try to look rich.
I do hope you don’t fall prey to any of these 15 above.
So I put this to you: What will you do differently to make you rich?