Table of Contents Hide
- History of 9/11
- Why You Need Quotes About 9/11 Remembrance
- What is the 9/11 Slogan
- Quotes From/About 9/11 Remembrance Day
…and so we were forever changed. That day we watched an unspeakable act of evil unfold. But, we also witnessed incredible courage, an outpouring of human kindness, fierce solidarity; and that is what will be remembered, along with thousands of innocent souls who perished that day. September 11, 2001. Never forget.
Read to learn the emotional quotes about 9/11 remembrance.
History of 9/11
On September 11, 2001, the United States of America witnessed an Islamic extremist suicidal attack by a group known as the AL-QAEDA.
This event witnessed the hijacking of four planes by the terrorist group on a Tuesday morning. Two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the world trade center at Manhattan, New York City, the third plane hit the Pentagon outside Washington DC while the fourth plane was crashed into a field at Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
The major targets of this attack were the world trade center, at 8:45 am. As a result, an American airline Boeing 787-200 loaded with 20,000 jet fuel was hijacked by 5 AL-QAEDA terrorists.
The aircraft was deliberately crashed into the north tower of the world trade center in New York City which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people.1
8 minutes after the first attack on the north tower, a United Airlines flight 175 – Boeing 767 appeared in the sky and turned sharply towards the south tower of the world trade center into the 60th floor.
The crashing of these airlines in the world trade center resulted in the collapse of the twin building causing a massive wreck on a skyscraper built to withstand winds in excess of 200 miles per hour. The building couldn’t withstand the large conventional fire, causing the collapse and burning of the twin building.
Another attack was the Pentagon, as millions of Americans were still watching the unfolding event in New York City, another tragic event happened at 9:45 am, an American airline flight 77 circled downtown Washington DC and then crashed into the west side of the Pentagon military headquarters.
The deliberate crashing resulted in a great inferno which led to the collapse of some parts of the building.
This led to the death of all the people on board the airline and about 125 military personnel and civilians were recorded dead.
The fourth attack happened 40 minutes after the California-bound plane – United Flight 93 was hijacked after leaving Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey.
The passengers fought the hijackers before the plane then flipped over and sped towards the ground and crashed in a rural field killing all the passengers on board.
Why You Need Quotes About 9/11 Remembrance
These quotes were formed in order to remember those that have lost their lives on September 11, 2001.
These quotes serve as a short story of the horrific event of the September 11, 2001 attack on America to younger generations who weren’t born at that time.
Another reason why quotes about 9/11 remembrance are necessary is to serve as an honor to the heroes who risked their lives to save people. The little that can be done in their honor is to let the world remember them for their great sacrifice to humanity.
What is the 9/11 Slogan
“If you see something say something”
This was the Mantra that became the slogan of the 9/11 attack on America.
This phrase was coined by an advertising executive Allen Kay after the attack on the twin towers.
Another slogan that was used is “If you see a package without a person don’t keep it to yourself“
Quotes From/About 9/11 Remembrance Day
- If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate by Sandy Dahl, the wife of the flight 93 pilot Jason Dahl
- Today we remember the victims, the survivors, heroes of 9/11.We will never forget 9/11/01.
- We will remember every rescuer who died in honor.
- We’ll remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember – George W. Bush.
- What separates us from the animals. What separates us from the chaos is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.
- Sharing the candle in remembrance of those that lost their lives during 9/11. Always in our hearts and never forgotten.
- The candle of hope; the flame of hope should never go out from your life and with hope each of us can have a life with peace and faith.
- In loving memory of the victims, in loving memory of the heroes.
- We will never forget the victims, their families and the heroes of September 11th 2001.
- 9/11. It Is the worst day we have ever seen, but it brought out the best in all of us.
- 9/11/2001- we will never forget
Additional quotes about 9/11 remembrance day
- Angels and heroes never forget
- 8EMT’s/Paramedics, 60 police officers, 343 firefighters, 2997 civilians. All remembered.
- Through blurred eyes we find the strength and courage to sour beyond the moment. we look to the future knowing we can never forget the past. God bless America.
- 9/11 forever in our hearts.
- We remember and we will never forget. today we honor the heroes of 9/11 who gave the ultimate sacrifice for those in need .
- Praying and remembering September 11,2001.
- In memory of those we have lost.
- Honoring those who gave all on September 11, 2001.
- United We Stand
- 9/11 – Until am out of ammo or i am out of blood, i will fight for America.
- Honor their sacrifice.
- September 11, 2001 – the day the eagle cried. In dedication and honor to those who are missing, hurt, to the families of the deceased , to the heroic firefighters, law enforcement, emergency services, military personnel and volunteers whose lives have been affected by this tragic event. We will never forget.
- No day shall erase you from the memory of time – Sandy Dahl
- Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11 – president Obama in a 2011 radio address.
- You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy – former United States secretary of states,Colin Powell.
Other quotes about 9/11 Remembrance
- Five years from the date of the attack that changed the world, we’ve come back to remember the valor of those we lost. Those who innocently went to work that day and the brave souls who went in after them. We have also come to be ever mindful of the courage of those who grieve for them, and the light that still lives in their heart – New York City mayor Rudolph Guiliani at the world trade center site in 2006.
- We didn’t crumble after 9/11, we didn’t falter after the Boston marathon. But we’re America. American will never, ever stand down. We endure, we overcome. We own the finish line – former vice President Joe Biden.
- On September 11, I always take the day off. I want to be in a peaceful place praying. It is a day i both mourn and celebrate – Genelle GuzSman-McMilla, 9/11 survivor.
- On that terrible day, a nation became a neighborhood, all Americans became New Yorkers – George Pataki, former Governor of New York.
- One of the worst days in American history saw some of the bravest acts in America history. We’ll always honor the heroes of 9/11. Here at this hallowed place, we pledge that we will never forget their sacrifice – former president George W. bush.
- For me and my family personally, September 11 was a reminder that fleeting imperment, and uncertain. Therefore, we must make use of every moment and nurture it with affection, tenderness, beauty, creativity and laughter.
- Numerous civilians in all numerous burn victims are coming down. we’re trying to send them down first….we’re still heading up – New York fire department captain Patrick Brown.
More Interesting quotes about 9/11 Remembrance day
- We have a duty to devote at least a portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11 – Sen. Bill Frist.
- Time is passing, yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. we will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children – former president George W. Bush.
- 9/11 a day to remember that extraordinary heroes are often disguised as ordinary people and that sprit and soul are unbreakable – Stacey Alcom.
- I give speeches around the country. I tell how Stanley and i made our way out of the tower. Life is precious , i tell them. It can be gone in an instant – Brian Clark 9/11 survivor.
- Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11 – former president Barack Obama.
Poem about 9/11 Remembrance day
We Never Thought
We never thought when we awoke this morning
The sorrow the day would bring.
The blow was sudden, the shock severe,
To part with one’s loved so dear,
We cannot keep from wondering,
Why our loved ones had to die,
And in our sad and troubled hearts,
We keep asking why,
The reason is hidden somewhere in
The pattern God has planned,
We must believe and trust in God and someday, we will understand.
We’ll miss you now,
Our hearts are sore, as time goes by we’ll miss you more,
Your loving smiles, your gentle faces.
No one can fill your vacant places.
Also read: 43 Powerful Quotes on Freedom in 2021
The September 11 attack had a negative economic effect on the U.S economy. New York city’s economy lost about $2.8 billion in wages in the first 3 months. The World Trade Center Centre damage was approximately $60 billion and to clean the debris at Ground Zero was approximately $750 billion.
A total number 2,996 people lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks including the 19 terrorists that hijacked the four planes.
The U.S military declared ” We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these attacks and those harbor them”
Osama bin Laden who was the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks was later tracked and killed by the U.S forces at Abbottabad, Pakistan on May 2, 2011.
Read the emotional quotes about 9/11 remembrance day.