Table of Contents Hide
- CAN READING BOOKS CHANGE YOUR MINDSET?
- HOW CAN READING CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE?
- 9 POWERFUL BOOKS TO CHANGE YOUR VIEW ON LIFE.
- 1. 48 LAWS OF POWER – ROBERT GREENE.
- 2. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD – HARPER LEE.
- 3. THE FOUR AGREEMENTS: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO PERSONAL FREEDOM. -DON MIGUEL RUIZ AND JANET MILLS.
- 4. IT’S UP TO US: TEN LITTLE WAYS WE CAN BRING ABOUT BIG CHANGE- JOHN KASICH.
- 5. THE HATE YOU GIVE- ANGIE THOMAS.
- 6. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE- DALE CARNEGIE.
- 7. THE 10X RULE: THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE-GRANT CARDONE.
- 8. THE ADAPTATION ADVANTAGE: LET GO, LEARN FAST AND THRIVE IN THE FUTURE OF WORK- HEATHER MCGOWAN, CHRIS SHIPLEY, AND THOMAS FRIEDMAN.
- 9. RELENTLESS: FROM GOOD TO UNSTOPPABLE- TIM S. GROVER.
“A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company, by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors” -Charles Baudelaire.
Reading books is one of the best-proven ways to sharpen your mind. Not only does it sharpen your mind, but reading powerful books to change your view on life also harnesses your writing skills and is the fastest way to learn.
Reading also builds creativity, exercises your brain, and gives you a better perspective about topics, views, and life as a whole. It is safe to say that the benefits of reading are endless.
CAN READING BOOKS CHANGE YOUR MINDSET?
Reading books can help change your mindset and your views about different issues. For example, reading a book about women’s empowerment and the struggles of women can influence your views on the subject.
There is a book on every single subject or topic in the world. People who read a lot tend to be very knowledgeable and have more insight into the world. Also, reading a book tends to provide the reader with more information about the subject.
Some scientists have confirmed that reading requires a network of circuits and signals in the brain. Hence, reading more helps these circuits develop faster and better.
HOW CAN READING CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE?
Yes, reading can influence or change your perspective or stance about a subject. This is because reading provides new information and gives you insight into a particular topic. For example, if you were pro-life and you come across a study on the importance of abortion laws to women, there is a high chance that your stance will change as a result of the new information presented to you. Reading creates a simulation in a reader’s mind. That way, you can relate deeply to the characters, narratives, and stories told by the writer even when you haven’t experienced it in real life. You can also be influenced by a writer’s personal views, beliefs and ideologies as a result of reading their books.
9 POWERFUL BOOKS TO CHANGE YOUR VIEW ON LIFE.
Here’s a list of 9 powerful books to change your view on life.
1. 48 LAWS OF POWER – ROBERT GREENE.
“ Rule 1:Never outshine the master”.
Robert Greene’s 1998 classic describes and outlines the laws that help you attain the power to excel in business and life in general.
The laws highlighted in the book teach you how to handle power, control power, and maintain it.
This best seller is popular amongst professionals, celebrities, and even prisoners. If you seek to change your mindset on power, this book is a must-read.
2. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD – HARPER LEE.
Harper lee’s 1960 fictional novel centers around a young Jean Louise and her coming-of-age story.
The book also features strong themes of racism and prejudice and how society approached such issues during the great depression.
If you’re interested in history, the impact of racism and prejudice on black people, this book is a good read for you.
3. THE FOUR AGREEMENTS: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO PERSONAL FREEDOM. -DON MIGUEL RUIZ AND JANET MILLS.
“Agreement 3: Don’t Make Assumptions”.
The self-help book was first published in 1997 and it focuses on the importance of self-love and finding true freedom and happiness.
According to the book, everything you do in life is based on agreements made with yourself, God, the universe, or life itself. The book also emphasizes the power of spirituality and self-love.
If you’re looking to find spiritual freedom and self-love, this one is for you.
4. IT’S UP TO US: TEN LITTLE WAYS WE CAN BRING ABOUT BIG CHANGE- JOHN KASICH.
Kasich is a US politician, a former governor of Ohio state, and a writer. It is no surprise that this book’s main theme is politics.
The book challenges individuals to stand up and be the change they want to see instead of expecting the government to do everything. If you’re interested in politics and looking to change the world, this book is for you.
5. THE HATE YOU GIVE- ANGIE THOMAS.
The 2017 Angie Thomas’s novel follows the life of a young Black-American girl Starr who witnesses the death of her childhood friend by a white policeman.
The story centers around racism, bigotry, and unlawful discrimination against black people. The book was inspired by the killing of Oscar Grant.
The book is very insightful and it will change your view on the life of black people.
6. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE- DALE CARNEGIE.
The 1936 self-help book focuses on the importance of social interactions and how to handle friendships and relationships.
The book is a reflection of Carnegie’s work and experience as a public speaker.
If you’re seeking to learn and harness your social and interpersonal skills, this book will help you achieve that.
7. THE 10X RULE: THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE-GRANT CARDONE.
If you’re looking for a book that will impart all the knowledge necessary for you to get to the peak of your career and business, this book will do that.
Cardone explains the reasons people fail and how to change that to achieving success.
One of the rules highlighted says, “Do what you fear” and this will go a long way to changing our views on life, failure, and success. If you’re looking for a powerful book to change your view on life and relationships, then you must read this book.
8. THE ADAPTATION ADVANTAGE: LET GO, LEARN FAST AND THRIVE IN THE FUTURE OF WORK- HEATHER MCGOWAN, CHRIS SHIPLEY, AND THOMAS FRIEDMAN.
Technology is fast-changing and driving how systems and structures work. This book explains and explores all you need to know to keep up with the fast-changing world of technology.
The book proposes a new way to approach work, adapting and transitioning into new technology in today’s world. If you’re interested in technology, even if you have no prior knowledge, this book is going to impart a lot of knowledge to you.
9. RELENTLESS: FROM GOOD TO UNSTOPPABLE- TIM S. GROVER.
Grover is a renowned personal trainer, businessman, and motivational speaker.
This book encompasses all of his experience over the years training famous athletes like the late Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and Micheal Jordan. Relentless is a motivational book that helps you believe in yourself and aim to work hard to achieve your dreams.
Grover wrote, “There are facts and opportunities and realities, and how you respond to them determines whether you succeed or fail”.
If you need a book that can lift your mind, educate you about the reality of life, then this one will deliver that.
Reading books can help you learn and gain a lot of valuable knowledge from a writer’s experience. It can also be the bridge between where you are and where you want to be.
If you’re looking to change your views and mindsets on life or you’re hoping to explore different perspectives, outlooks, and stances on life, read these powerful books to change your view on life.
Again, reading at least five of these powerful books can help you get to where you want and change your life. The benefits of reading these books are numerous. However, the most important benefit is that they will change your view on life.
- Free Self-Help Books for your Business Growth | 2021
- Knetbooks Review 2021: Knetbook Legit Or Scam | How It Works
- 30 Best Investing Books That 20 Billionaires Have Recommended In 2021
- Bookscouter Reviews 2021: How it Works | Is it Legit or Scam
- 15 Best Places to Sell Textbooks in 2021 | Online & Offline