Table of Contents Hide
- Why are Headphones Expensive?
- The best wireless gaming headsets
- The Most Expensive Headphone Brand
- Are Expensive Headphones worth it?
- The 10 Most Expensive Headphones in the World
- 1. Focal Utopia by Tournaire cost: $120,000
- 2. Onkyo H900M 20- carat diamonds cost: $80,000
- 3. Sennheiser HE-1 $68,000
- 4. V- Moda Crossfade M100 $40,000
- 5. Ultrasone ED5 LTD Edition 5 $5,999
- 6. Abyss AB -1266 $5,495
- 7. oBravo EAMT-1s $4,780
- 8. Final Audio Sonorous X $4,500
- 9. Stax SR-009 $4,450
- 10. Audeze LCD-4 $4,000
Headphones improves the quality of sounds and the more expensive they are, the better the sound.
This article will list the best headphones for gaming, likewise the most expensive headphones in the world. Read up!
Why are Headphones Expensive?
Headphones can be so costly that it scares some consumers off. Below are reasons why headphones can be so expensive.
- Marketing and Branding Cost. The advertising, distribution and selling of a product amount to the reason why some headphones are expensive, for example, Beats, Apple.
- Style and Quality of Materials. For instance Beats are so costly, because of the style. Also some headphones are made with original and quality equipment and the cost of these would make the cost of production high. For instance every headphone needs speaker cables and the authenticity differs, so does the price range. The higher the originality the higher the price, so if an headphone manufacturing company decides to go for a speaker cable that ranges around $40, this will definitely affect the cost of production of such headphone.
- Complicacy in Producing. The difficulty in producing the headphones is a factor to look at. Some headphones are made with more engineering method and ideas which makes them more unique and therefore more costly.
- The Standard of the Manufacturing Company. Some companies and industries are highly rated among others, for example, Sony, Apple, Beats and most of their products are expensive.
The best wireless gaming headsets
Wireless headsets are those types of headphones that connect to any devices like gaming consoles, smartphones, or computers without a cord or cable.
They work by connecting infrared signals or by pairing with the device you want. Most people connect wireless headsets to their devices through the use of a Bluetooth connection.
If you can’t buy joy, then you can buy one of the best wireless gaming headsets. As a gamer, you would want the best for your PC PS5 Xbox, and even your Smartphones.
Meanwhile, below is a list of the best wireless gaming headsets which may not necessarily be the most expensive.
- Steelseries Pro Arctis 9X
- Razer Kaira Pro Wireless
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless
- HyperX Cloud Flight S
- Logitech GB PRO X Wireless
- Corsair Void RGB Elite Wireless
- X Box Wireless
- Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless
- Astro A50 Gen 4
- Audeze Penrose Wireless
The Most Expensive Headphone Brand
The most expensive headphone brand in 2021 is The Focal.
The Focal is a French brand that has been producing quality systems since 1979 and is known for its ability to mix cutting-edge technology with notable design, they cost about $120,000.
The headphones are plated with 18-karat gold, a total of 6.5 carats of diamonds, and cushioned with perforated lamb’s skin leather.
With the metals, sparkling stones, and genuine leather details, you see why this is the most expensive in the world.
Are Expensive Headphones worth it?
As a fancier of music and audio, my viewpoint is a yes, now let us look at this.
What sounds good in my ear with headphones might not sound the same with yours. As far as sound quality goes, the cost is less of a problem. I can assure you that the better the sound quality the higher the price.
Expensive headphones get you numerous attributes, like active noise canceling, long last battery, finer and classy styles.
You can also find that some most expensive headphones in the world are Bluetooth and even watertight headphones. For example, Sony walkman NW- WS410 is one, and mixing these traits would give you a higher price.
If you are a casual music listener, you might not care about losing frequencies, instruments, and layers. But if you are truly interested in hearing these things in your music or other scenarios, you wouldn’t believe just how much you were missing out.
Generally, more expensive headphones look better too. To an extent, but comparing cheap plastic headphones to something like the Beats by Dre Solo 3 is a no-no.
The 10 Most Expensive Headphones in the World
The world most expensive heaphones are;
1. Focal Utopia by Tournaire cost: $120,000
This is the most expensive and sophisticated headphone in the world and it cost about $120,000 and it’s made in France and it is the world’s first Audiophile headphone customized with Jewels like golds, diamonds and other gemstones.
It is a very high and end headphone.
You can only purchase this on pre-order because they are not massively produced
2. Onkyo H900M 20- carat diamonds cost: $80,000
The next in line is the only H900M which cost about $80,000. Its craftsmanship is built with diamonds. Though it is the second most expensive headphones in the world, the sound quality is top-notch.
They are strictly made with order and they take a couple of weeks to embellish. You can get this beauty.
3. Sennheiser HE-1 $68,000
The Sennheiser HE-1 is faultlessly masterminded and equipped with unique attributes with an audio range from 8 Hz to more than 100 kHz, and the lowest distortion ever estimated in a sound reproduction system.
It is so remarkable that they are a series of kits and require their valve amp to work properly.
This is another most expensive headphones in the world.
4. V- Moda Crossfade M100 $40,000
The V-Moda crossfade M100 cost about $40,000 and you can prefer to have any adorning design on the sides 3D printed in a metal of your choice, I call it a show-off headphone. 500mm dual-diaphragm with extraordinary power. Its durability is top-notch.
Also read: 10 Most Expensive Wines In The World 2021
5. Ultrasone ED5 LTD Edition 5 $5,999
The ultrasound ED5 is a limited edition manufactured in Germany priced at $5,000. It is built from solid aluminium substances. Its most fascinating feature is the peaceful tonality, this is an immersive special type of sound signature.
If you are a natural sound signature chaser this headphone’s tonality will satisfy you.
Tis is one of the most expensive headphones.
6. Abyss AB -1266 $5,495
It costs about $5,495 possesses awesome features like planar magnetic drivers with nice layouts.
However not as popular and expensive as the ones above which also makes it unique, this headphone gives you great sound quality.
7. oBravo EAMT-1s $4,780
It costs around $4,780. One extraordinary characteristic is that it blends two types of drivers into a single unit, that is the 8mm AMT driver and the 13mm dynamic driver. It has a ceramic enclosure and a unique design.
This is another most costly headphones.
8. Final Audio Sonorous X $4,500
It costs $4,500 which is lower than the above ones, but if you consider all things, they are a good value.
It has a balancing air movement device that provides bass tones, with a machined aluminium abode. The earpads are a comfortable fit and are to go any time and any day.
9. Stax SR-009 $4,450
For a price of $4,450, it might not look anything like the most elegant or costly headphones but they also give remarkable qualities and they have great sound quality.
This is one of the most expensive headphones in the world.
10. Audeze LCD-4 $4,000
It costs about $4,000 and it differs from the previous audeze models. Consequently, it has a slimmer nano-grade diaphragm, dual Fluxor magnetic arrays, a top-notch layout and a new headband.
You would have to believe that this headphone generates incredible quality sound.
This is the least most expensive headphones in the world.
Headphones in a way have become essential for everyone in this modern time to possess. The world has developed and advanced technologically.
The cost of an headphone shouldn’t be a bother to you because with higher cost comes better outputs.
You can look through the list of headphones above and purchase any one of your choices, they are highly recommended. These are the most expensive headphones in the world.