Table of Contents Hide
Hiding apps on smartphones is becoming increasingly popular, especially among children and teenagers. However, you can stay one step ahead of them by knowing how to find hidden apps on Android and iPhone devices.
App hiding is an activity that gives individuals, especially teenagers, the freedom to do whatever they want on the internet without you snooping on their phones. This allows them to access violent or pornographic content and download potentially dangerous apps knowing that you won’t be able to catch it – or so they thought.
So, this article will explain how to find hidden apps on Android and iPhone devices.
To combat numerous icons on the application screen from pre-installed software, many phone owners have figured out how to hide apps that are not in use by disabling the software in the device settings.
Disabling an app does not uninstall the app from the phone. Disabling the app will hide the icon from the application screen and will not update the program when updates become available. Show hidden apps by reactivating them in the device settings.
The apps that appear on a device’s app menu screens are not necessarily the only apps that are actually installed on the device.
Plus, hidden content is exactly what it sounds like. Files and downloads that are intentionally hidden from the sight of a casual observer.
Here is a comprehensive guide on how to find hidden apps on Android devices:
Showing apps on the Android home screen is a good place to start, but it doesn’t show all of the apps installed on an Android device.
To see the full list of installed apps, including the vault apps, open the app drawer by tapping the icon in the lower middle area of the screen that looks like a circle with six dots.
Tapping this icon will bring up a full list of installed apps, sorted alphabetically. This should show you most of the apps on the Android device, but some may be hidden. Here’s how to show these hidden apps.
- In the app drawer, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Hide apps.
- The list of apps that are hidden in the app list is displayed. If this screen is blank or if the Hide Apps option is missing, no apps will be hidden.
By default, this method is not available on all Android devices. The launcher determines the options in the system tray. If you don’t have these options, try another launcher like Nova Prime that supports hiding apps.
One way to find hidden apps on Android devices is to go through the phone’s default settings. Many Android phones have built-in hiding software, e.g. the Secure Folder.
With this feature, any Android user can save all media, apps and data and protect them using a security platform for defense purposes. In this case, it can be a little tricky to spot hidden apps as they no longer appear on the home screen and in the apps drawer.
Even so, there is still a way to find hidden apps on Android phone. You can find step-by-step instructions for this in the settings of the phone:
- Swipe up on your phone’s home screen to reveal the app drawer.
- Tap on Settings. ”
- Scroll down and find the “Apps & Notifications” option. Then tap on it.
- From there, select the “Show all apps” option to display the list of installed applications, including those that have been hidden.
Another way to find hidden apps on Android phones is by using third party software like Titanium Backup. However, this method requires your smartphone to be rooted for the app to work properly. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Titanium Backup:
- Make sure your device is properly rooted by installing and running it through a root checker.
- Download Titanium Backup from Google Play
- After installing, just launch the app and it will automatically show hidden apps and processes on the Android device.
A full list of apps can also be accessed via the Settings app. Tap Settings (the icon looks like a gear). In Settings, tap Apps & notifications, and then tap Show all apps.
In order to search for hidden content, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the file manager
- You can then either search by categories or just select the All Files option if you’d rather go through everything at once
- Open the menu and go to settings
- In the settings list, tap on “Show hidden files”.
- You can now return to the file list and view each file individually
Check for Android Trick Apps
One look at an app’s icon and name may not be enough to tell what is happening on an Android phone or tablet. There are numerous apps in the Google Play App Store that look like some kind of app, but are supposed to hide images, videos and other data.
A popular example is the Smart Hide Calculator app, which looks and works like a simple calculator app, but is a file storage application. The computer’s user interface is fully functional, but unlocks its actual purpose when a user enters their PIN code.
Follow these steps to verify the true identity of an Android app.
- Press the app icon until a small menu appears.
- Tap the small I in a circle next to a pencil.
- A page with all the details about the app, from memory size to permissions, is displayed. Tap on App Details.
- The product page of the app in the Google Play App Store is displayed. From here, you can read official information about the app, including reviews from other users.
Like most smartphones and tablets, Android devices have a home screen that extends horizontally beyond what you see when you first turn on the device.
The other parts of the home screen are used to organize apps and widgets into groups and to hide apps from prying eyes. Swipe right to left to see all areas of the home screen on an Android device.
More companies are adding full app functionality to their websites so that users no longer have to download and install an app to access it.
Instagram is an example of a working web app used in a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox. Tinder is another.
To check if a user has accessed a particular website, open the web browser apps on their Android smartphone or tablet, and then check their browsing history. However, browsing history can be cleared in most browsers. So this is not a foolproof way of finding out which websites have been visited.
You can also check the full list of apps downloaded on an Android device by navigating through the following options:
- Settings> Apps> All
This will bring up the current list of installed apps, including those that cannot be viewed immediately.
Browse the list and see if you are happy with the installed apps. You may also need to tap the application itself to open it, then tap “Activate” on the app’s details screen.
If you’re unfamiliar, do a quick check on Google to see if these are right for your child. If it doesn’t, then and there you can uninstall them and then schedule to speak to your child about the matter at a later time.
Also note the names of the most popular “data protection” apps. If you search your child’s device and find that apps like App Defender, Privacy Manager, Privacy Master, or AppLock have been installed, then you are concerned.
Apps can be easily hidden in iOS by removing them from the home screen. If you’ve accidentally hidden a particular app, or can’t find an app or game that you installed some time ago, there are several ways you can find and search for those apps.
You can hide the apps on your iPhone by either moving them to the app library or by placing them in an app folder. You can even hide them from iPhone search and suggestions. If you want to find hidden apps on someone else’s iPhone or look for apps that you may have accidentally hidden, please follow the methods given below.
The easiest way to search for an app on iPhone is to search for an iPhone. The tool searches through all installed apps and shows whether there is an app with this name.
How to Find Hidden Apps on iPhone Using Search:
- Unlock your iPhone and swipe down on the home screen.
- Now tap on the search bar at the top.
- Enter the name of the app you want to find.
- The app is now automatically displayed under Applications in the search results.
Can’t find the app using iPhone search?
If you don’t see the app in search results and you are sure it is installed, you need to check if it is allowed to appear in search results. Open your iPhone settings and click Siri & Search.
Here, scroll down to the hidden app, click on it and make sure “Show in Search” is checked.
Via the App Library
The iOS 14 came with a new feature called the App Library. It helps you organize apps on your iPhone to remove multiple home screens. Even if you remove apps from the home screen, you can access them in the app library.
How to find hidden apps in iOS 14 using the app library:
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Swipe right from the last page of the home screen.
- Here you will find the app library.
- Check the category folder you want to find your app.
- You can also click the search bar above to find the app on your iPhone.
By asking Siri
Aside from searching iPhone or looking up the app library, you can also ask Siri to open any app.
- Access Siri by either long-pressing the Touch ID / Side button or by saying “Hey Siri”.
- Now ask Siri to “Open <app name>”.
- Siri will automatically open the app even if it isn’t on the home screen.
Use Spotlight Search
If you are looking for a specific app that is not showing up on your iPhone, Spotlight Search can help you find all the hidden apps on iPhone for you. This tool can search all the applications installed on your device, including the hidden ones. For those who do not yet know how to use Spotlight Search, please follow the steps below.
- Open the iPhone and swipe left. You will then find the Spotlight search bar at the top of the screen.
- Enter the app name you need to search for and tap the search icon.
- Next, the app will be displayed under Applications. It’s an app that you haven’t installed yet. It will then be displayed under the “View” option.
Use the App Store
The other option is to find the app and open it directly in the App Store. To do this, open the App Store on your iPhone, click the search button at the bottom left and look for the app name in the search bar. When it appears in the search results, click Open.
These have been some quick ways to find hidden apps on your phone. Knowing how to find hidden apps on Android and IOS devices is pretty easy as long as you are familiar with the basic functions of the system.
However, you can also find a variety of app disguises on the Google Play Store or APP Store, most of which are free to download.
- How to Find Hidden Android Apps That Are Hiding in Plain Sight
- What Are Android Hidden Apps – theclintoncourier.net
- https://www.lifewire.com › Mobile Phones › Android
- https://www.familyorbit.com › blog › how-to-find-hidden-app