Table of Contents Hide
- Factors That Affect Your Income as A Personal Trainer
- Can You Make 6 Figures as A Personal Trainer?
- How Much Do Personal Trainers Make A Year?
- How Much Do Personal Trainers At LA Fitness Make?
- Who Is the Highest Paid Personal Trainer In 2022?
- Top 10 Highest Paid Personal Trainers In 2022
- 9. Lou Ferrigno
- 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Become A Personal Trainer
A personal trainer is an individual who has in-depth knowledge and skills to design as well as deliver safe one-on-one training sessions and exercise programs that are worthwhile. This is geared towards achieving fitness and health goals.
In order to become a certified personal trainer, you must have knowledge of and pass a level three certificate course in personal training.
The highest paid personal trainers are mostly popular celebrity trainers; although, this is not always the case. It is safe to say that being a personal trainer pays relatively well. All you need is information which will be shared in this article.
It’s important to note here that personal trainer salary varies. It depends on different factors.
Factors That Affect Your Income as A Personal Trainer
These are the factors that affect your income as a personal trainer.
- Level of experience: An experienced personal trainer will earn more than a newbie in the field.
- Certification: If you have certifications in personal training, you are more likely to get high-paying jobs than those who do not have. Certifications in personal training make you stand out. It also shows you have the needed education to create a safe fitness and successful fitness program.
- Self-employed or an employee: This is another factor that determines how much you are going to earn as a personal trainer. You either decide to be employed by a gym or you work for yourself.
Here are examples of the most popular gyms or fitness centers that employ personal trainers:
- Lifetime Fitness
- Gold’s Gym
- Crunch Fitness
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Planet Fitness
- Anytime Fitness
- LA Fitness
Can You Make 6 Figures as A Personal Trainer?
You can make 6 figures as a personal trainer. It has been discovered that one out of ten personal trainers earn in 6 figures or above. However, this does not happen overnight. It takes hard work, consistency, and experience to earn this much.
Also, personal trainers who do online training sessions, one-on-one training, and work more hours weekly have higher prospects.
How Much Do Personal Trainers Make A Year?
On average personal trainers earn about 40,000 dollars yearly. While highest paid personal trainers earn about 75,000 dollars or more per year.
How Much Do Personal Trainers At LA Fitness Make?
Personal trainers at LA fitness make up to 53,000 dollars per year. LA Fitness is ranked number 2 highest paying fitness facility in America.
Who Is the Highest Paid Personal Trainer In 2022?
The highest-paid personal trainer in 2022 is Tony Little with a net worth of about 200 million dollars.
Top 10 Highest Paid Personal Trainers In 2022
Before you go through this list of top highest paid personal trainers in the world, we’ll like to state here that it is difficult to know how much they are paid individually.
This is because these personal trainers have diversified their sources of income while building their brands. So, they are not limited to earnings from training sessions only.
In this article, we’ll give estimates of their net worth in no particular order.
1. Tony Little
His net worth is estimated at about 200 million dollars.
Over the years, he has transitioned his fitness programs to incorporate people across the United States and beyond.
He has fitness products commercials on television that amount to about 4 billion dollars in sales globally.
2. Harley Pasternak
He is a well-known personal trainer and a private coach/trainer to celebrities like Lady Gaga, Halle Berry, Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, Orlando Bloom, Jimmy Fallon, and so on. Pasternak has a Master of Science degree in Exercise Physiology.
Apart from fitness training, he is an author of a book on diet titled ‘5-factor’ and a spokesman for his food product line called the 5-factor World Diet.
In addition to this, he’s a TV personality and successful entrepreneur with about 3.6 million net worth.
3. Tracy Anderson
She first opened her Tribeca workout studio in New York in 2009.
Since then, she has successfully grown her fitness training business. She also created the Tracy Anderson Method of Physical Training; a pirate-style fitness program.
One of her earliest inventions was the pre and post-pregnancy workouts program which combines fitness and yoga.
Tracy Anderson is a personal trainer to Gwyneth and Madonna Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira to mention but a few.
Her net worth is over 100 million dollars annually. She believes so much in age-defying exercises. It’s no surprise she still looks so good and fits in her 60s.
4. Joe Wicks
He is a British celebrity fitness trainer who is known as The Body Coach. Joe Wicks has a large clientele which includes singer Adele.
He is also an author and worth about 14,599,260 dollars per annum.
5. Gunnar Peterson
He is one of the highest paid personal trainers in America.
His estimated net worth is about 1.5 million dollars. He has more than 20 years of experience and is known for his high-energy, engaging, and fun workouts.
Peterson is a personal trainer for some celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Kim Kardashian, Sylvester Stallone, and so on.
Also, he has been featured in different magazine publications like US Weekly, Fitness, Men’s Health, and so on.
6. David Vladimir Buer
He is a celebrity trainer who is committed to helping people with post-surgical and post-injury physical rehabilitation.
Buer is a personal trainer to celebrities like Tyler Perry, Leonardo DeCaprio, Cedric Boswell, and so on.
His net worth is about 68 million dollars.
7. Mark Jenkins
Jenkins is the founder/co-owner of International Fitness. A company that specializes in personal fitness training for performing artists.
He is a personal trainer to Missy Elliot, Beyonce, Mary J Blige, and many others in show biz.
Also, he has a nutritional supplements line called 90-day Transformation and a children’s fitness program called Fun, Fly and Fit.
He is worth about 100 thousand dollars annually.
8. Joe DiAngelo
Joe DiAngelo is a popular fitness trainer, nutritionist, motivational speaker, and a former swimming champion. He is also a column writer for Inside Fitness Magazine; a monthly publication.
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology with an estimated net worth of about 2 million dollars.
Also, Joe is a Highest-Paid Personal Trainers
9. Lou Ferrigno
He is a successful celebrity trainer, actor, businessman, and bodybuilder. Lou Ferrigno also has a fan club which makes him unique amongst other personal trainers.
This Highest Paid Personal Trainers is worth about 15 million dollars annually.
10. Jen Setler
She is a 24-year-old successful personal trainer who is ranked as one of the highest paid female trainers.
Her net worth is about 1.2 million dollars per year.
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Become A Personal Trainer
- Be organized: Keeping track of your client fitness assessment/progress report helps to deliver a better client experience. So, develop a system to make this work.
- Be a good listener and coach: You should have good listening skills to listen to your clients complain about their needs and fitness goals. Not just that, you should also be able to motivate and teach your clients how to live healthily and work out safely.
- Be ready to commit to what you do and always remember quality brings results. Results bring more clients who keep you busy and well enumerated.
- Know how to attract clients: You can do this by organizing free sessions for new members and developing social media profiles to build an audience for your potential clients.
- Be business-oriented and expect fluctuations in income especially during the first couple of months.
No doubt, these highest paid personal trainers have made a name for themselves in the fitness industry. Their secret is determination, knowledge, skills, certifications, and desire to help their clients achieve their fitness goals.
If you have been thinking about becoming a personal trainer, now is the time to start.