Table of Contents Hide
Going out to get food or other groceries for that matter could be a thing of stress sometimes. Having to try new restaurants, trying out new cuisines, the long queues in some cases, the list is endless.
These are but a few reasons why people dislike going out to get food. If you fall into the category of people who prefer to have food delivered to them at home, then I have got you covered. This article contains a list of the cheapest online food shopping to select from.
Home delivery dates back to years before the advent of the internet when food was ordered mainly through phone calls. But since the advent of the internet, food delivery has become part of daily life because of the ease with which it is done.
You could be at home and just punch your phone and in a few minutes you have food delivered to you, thanks to several online apps. In this post, I shall reveal the cheapest online food apps.
There are a number of food apps available on Google Play Store and Apple App store through which you could place an order and have food delivered to you. But you’ll save yourself the stress of going to search for these apps This article compiles the list of the cheapest online food shopping apps.
Do you do a job that takes much of your time and leaves you time to prepare food? Do you have a large family and sometimes find it difficult to make food for the family? Then the apps listed below are sure to come handy for you. I need you to spare a few minutes and read through the list of cheapest online food shopping given below.
List of Food Apps
#1. Out of Milk
Out of Milk tops our list of the best and cheapest online food shopping app. If you are looking for a store to buy milk or other groceries, I urge you to consider this option. All you need to do is visit Google play store or apple store and download the app. The app has lots of amazing features. It keeps you informed about new updates and there are features that help you track your essentials on the app.
Some standout features on the app include the following;
- The app has a friendly and easy to use user-interface with shopping lists arranged into categories
- Items you which to purchase can easily be added into the shopping cart, all you need to do is click the item
- The app allows sharing with friends across social media. Would you like to share your shopping list to friends and family? Just hit the share button and its done
- There is a pantry list that helps you save your frequently used items.
To learn more about this app, visit www.outofmilk.com
#2. Google Express
Google express was created to make online shopping easy and hassle free. With the app, you don’t have to go through stress anymore. Google express is the brainchild of the giant tech company called Google group. With the app, google partners with other well known companies such as Costco, Walmart, Walgreens, and Whole Foods Market and a lot more. Also, aside food and other groceries, Google Express also has some home appliances likes electronics in store.
Since its inception, Google Express has provided excellent services to millions of people across the United States and the world at large. So if you are looking for some of the cheapest online food, shopping app, then Goggle Express is an app to consider.
Some of the best features of the app are highlighted below
- The app requires no membership and delivery is absolutely free. Did you get that? Absolutely free delivery
- Top notch return and refund policies
- The app is a 24 hour platform, meaning you could shop at any time of the day
- Google Express has an excellent customer support system – Email, calls, or live chate, Google Express has got you covered
Instacart makes the list of our cheapest online food shopping app and it is no surprise given years of excellent services. The app offers lots of amazing features and users gets to buy all sorts of food ranging from stables to diaries. In instacart, you get stuffs like meat, diary products, snacks, drinks and other food items at extremely affordable prices.
I believe the app needs little or no introduction if you have been doing grocery yourself. The app delivers across the country and it was especially created to ease the stress of shopping. Are a mom who is constantly busy and has no time to do grocery shopping? Or are you a nursing mother with little or no time to go out? All you need to do is head to Google play store or Apple App store and search the Instacart app.
But before you do so, you might want to learn some distinguishing features of the App
- The delivery time is almost unbeatable. With Instacart, you are certain to get your orders delivered within an hour, although, sometimes there may be delay due to logistics but the delivery is extremely fast when compared to other stores
- Nutritional info available and filtered through organic, gluten-free, or vegan diets
- The app has features that allows you chat with support
- Group Carts to easily shop together with family, friends, & peers.
Postmates operates one of the best delivery services in the United Sates. With Postmates, you can get fo delivered to you anywhere in the states regardless of your location. They don’t just have food delivered to you, they also do grocery shopping for you.
Some standout features at Postmates include the following;
- Postmates make delivery and takeout from local or national restaurants and retailers;
- They have excellent delivery work
- Users get to track their orders in real-time
- Free delivery service for the minimum amount with unlimited membership;
- Cashless transactions are available even at delivery.
#5. Grocery Pal
Grocery Pal has definitely got to be the list of cheapest online food shopping app. The app allows users to save money while placing orders. The app has features that help you fine sales promotions from stores across the country. Some of these stores include but not limited to Walmart, Walgreens, Target and so on.
Among the cheapest online food shopping apps, Grocery Pals enables you to create a shopping list and use the coupons and offers digitally when you order groceries online. You can manage your grocery spending as the app enables you to compare the price of complementary and supplementary products, and the products at different stores. It’s an all-in-one app for all your grocery needs.
Some Interesting features of using the app include;
- The app offers lots of amazing discounts to customers.
- It gives you the option to compare prices among stores
- With Grocery Pal, you could redeem coupons to get discounts when you place order
- The app was created to help you back up your shopping list automatically. When you logout and visit the app again, you still find your shopping list
Like other shopping app listed above, Kroger is one of best grocery apps around and it is available for download at Google Play stores or Apple App stores. The app makes ordering and delivering of food easy. With Kroger, you could place an online order for food and have it delivered to you regardless of your location at a particular place in time.
To enjoy the amazing services this app offers, you need to download the app and sign up to register the Kroger shopping card. Registered members have the opportunity to get exclusive promotions as well as personalized offers.
Some notable features include;
- The app has simple user interface. You don’t need to be tech savvy to be able use Kroger
- It displays weekly ads based on your shopping history
- Kroger has some smart suggest features that makes your shopping experience perfect
If you have been the one doing shopping in your household, then you should probably be familiar with AnyList shopping. The App requires little or no introduction to frequent online shoppers. What features do you like in apps? Is it simple user interface? Is it apps that improve your productivity? AlyList has got you covered. The app was created to solve all the problems shoppers often encounter while shopping online and since its creation, AnyList has enjoyed good excellent user reviews.
Some standout features of AnyList include;
- The has some amazing features such as automatically placing lists in categories they belong to
- It has some social media icons that enables you share list with family and friends
- It allows you search and organize ingredients from your recipe
- Anylist has a partnership with some popular blogs that helps users make informed decision
#8. Amazon Prime
Amozon Prime is an online shopping app that requires no introduction to residents of the States. But while the store is famous for being a tech giant, many people don’t know Amazon also offers food services. You can get all sorts of foods at Amazon. To enjoy a shopping experience with Amazon, you need to subscribe to Amazon prime. It offers you a premium package with lots of benefits.
Also, read – 10 Ways To Get Paid To Download Apps In 2021
Aside from foodstuff, there are lots of other Items you could other at Amazon. The items range from household electronics to gadgets. Amazon is the largest store in the world and some standout features of the store are listed below;
- Amazon operates one of the fastest delivery services. Its Prime feature typically makes delivery within two hours
- The store has about anything you wish to buy in stock. Amazon is your sure go-to when you looking to buy a scarce commodity
- They operate an excellent return and refunds policy
#9. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is an amazing food app. There are lot of amazing foods to get through the app. Are looking to by staples, or beverages? Checkout 51 has got you covered. The app also rewards loyal customers with loyalty points that help them purchase items at discounted price.
Also, customers have plans to help them earn back cash on a weekly basis. Though Checkout 51, you can save money when you shop on stores like Superstore, Walmart, No Frills, Shoppers Drug Mart etc. The benefit of using the app is endless. Some standout features to enjoy when you use the app include;
- Simple user interface. The app is very simple to use
- The app offers users opportunities to get some cash back when they upload receipts of their shopping
- Users can create and save a grocery list
#10. Uber Eats
Another app worthy of mention is Uber Eats. Uber is an app that is popular for rendering taxi services, but the company has since diversified into other branch of business. Though Uber eats, you are sure to get the cheapest online food shopping locally. The app connects you to local restaurant to get cheap food.
DoorDash is one of the apps everyone should have on their phones, like other amazing food apps listed so far, DoorDash connects you to stores where you can buy cheap food. Do you want to place orders for beverages or fresh foods? Download DoorDash and place orders from stores of your choice.
This app is very similar to DoorDash with lots of amazing features which include a friendly user interface. It doesn’t hurt to have more than one food apps you know? You may need to also download GrubHub.
The name delivery.com is self-explanatory. This app help you get food delivered at your doorstep. The app has available for download through Google Play store and Apple App store.
We have highlighted the 13 cheapest online food shopping apps. With the apps listed above, you are guaranteed to get food at the best price. If you figured out you have something to share with us, please use the comment section below.