Table of Contents Hide
- About Litecoin
- Who Created Litecoin?
- Can I buy Litecoins?
- Is it better to mine or buy Litecoins?
- How long does it take to buy Litecoin?
- Where can I buy Litecoin with a credit/debit card?
- How to buy Litecoin with a credit/debit card
Litecoin is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world and is even referred to by some as silver to Bitcoin’s gold. As a result, it is now possible to buy Litecoin on hundreds of different cryptocurrency exchanges with a credit card. However, just a few of them allow you to buy Litecoin with a credit card.
In this writing, you will be fully equipped with knowledge on how and where to buy Litecoin with a credit card.
Like Bitcoin, Litecoin is a decentralized P2P cryptocurrency. It uses the same encryption techniques to make transfers, create funds, and confirm transactions.
However, the main difference between Bitcoin and Litecoin is that Litecoin has a larger number of coins that can be created and that the transaction rates are significantly faster.
The Litecoin network tries to process blocks every 2.5 minutes compared to Bitcoin’s 10 minutes. Litecoin confirmations and sales are generally faster than alternative coins.
Litecoin investors believe that this increased block processing time, combined with the cryptocurrency’s more extensive storage system, will result in the coin offering a more time-sensitive money transfer system in the future.
Who Created Litecoin?
Litecoin (LTC) is a cryptocurrency created in 2011 by former Google engineer Charles Lee to enable instant payments around the world. With your Litecoin wallet, you can send Litecoin to anyone in the world. Litecoin uses a consensus evidence mechanism which means it can be mined.
Can I buy Litecoins?
Anyone can buy Litecoin as long as you can find an exchange that supports it in your country. Most cryptocurrency wallets do not require ID to log in. So, you can create a wallet at any time and also be paid with Litecoin.
Is it better to mine or buy Litecoins?
If you have cheap electricity, it may be worthwhile to mine Litecoins. If you have solar power or just want to mine for fun, it might be worth it. Otherwise, it’s probably better to just buy.
The mining industry is constantly changing, and small changes in Litecoin price or electricity can seriously affect your profitability.
How long does it take to buy Litecoin?
- For most of the payment methods on our platform, transactions are completed within five minutes.
- First-time Litecoin (LTC) purchases require ID verification. As a result, new users making their first transaction will need an additional five minutes to complete their order.
- Due to bank processing times, bank transfers typically take longer (one to five working days).
Where can I buy Litecoin with a credit/debit card?
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency broker that allows you to buy and sell four different coins. These are Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and of course – Litecoin! The platform, based in San Francisco, was first launched in 2012.
Coinbase’s ultimate goal is to provide people with a really simple and user-friendly exchange to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. Therefore, no prior trading knowledge is required to use the platform.
One of the biggest advantages of using Coinbase is that you can deposit and withdraw funds using a number of real-world payment methods. This means you can buy Litecoin using a credit card, debit card, and even a bank account!
When it comes to security, Coinbase is one of the safest trading exchanges. 98% of client funds are held in the cold store, two-factor authentication is available, and when held in a USD wallet, funds are protected up to $250,000.
Coinmama is an Israel-based cryptocurrency broker. They were created in 2013 and allow users to purchase a total of eight different cryptocurrencies. This includes Litecoin as well as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, QTUM, and Ethereum Classic.
According to the team, more than 1,000,000 customers in 188 different countries have used Coinmama, making it a very popular exchange.
Just like Coinbase, you can buy Litecoin at Coinmama using a credit or debit card. However, you cannot use a bank account.
Coinmama is slightly different from other exchanges as the Litecoin is sent straight to your wallet right after your purchase is complete.
When it comes to fees, Coinmama is pretty expensive. You have to pay a 5.5% transaction fee when you use your credit card to purchase Litecoin and a 5.9% trading fee for every purchase you make.
Bitpanda, which was originally known as Coinimal before it was renamed, was first launched in 2014. The platform allows users to buy and sell a range of cryptocurrencies. The exchange is primarily aimed at European customers.
Available cryptocurrencies include Litecoin as well as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Bitcoin Cash and Ripple. One of the greatest things about the Bitpanda platform is that it has one of the greatest payment methods out there.
Founded in 2013, CEX is a cryptocurrency exchange based in the UK. Users from all over the world can buy and sell nine different coins through the platform.
These include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Dash, Ripple, ZCash, Stellar Lumens, Bitcoin Gold and of course Litecoin. With CEX you can fund your account with a credit card or debit card.
The platform is probably best for experienced cryptocurrency traders as the site offers a wide range of trading tools that beginners may not understand.
In terms of security, CEX stores the majority of user funds in the cold store, which means they are kept offline.
Bitstamp was developed back in 2011 and is a cryptocurrency exchange that allows people to buy, sell, and trade a range of digital coins. Originally launched in Slovenia, the platform now has offices in Great Britain and Luxembourg.
The exchange handles hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of deals every day, making it one of the largest in the business.
When it comes to payment methods, Bitstamp offers a number of real fiat options. This includes a bank transfer and a credit or debit card. When you use your credit card with Bitstamp, you will be charged 5% of the total transaction amount.
How to buy Litecoin with a credit/debit card
Now, let’s take a look at how to buy Litecoin with a credit card using any of the afore listed platforms.
- Visit the Coinbase website by clicking here.
- Open an account. Here you have to enter your details. Make sure these are correct as you will need to check them out in the next step.
- Now enter your credit or debit card details. The billing address must match your home address.
- You must now show your government issued ID to Coinbase. You can do this by holding it up to your webcam or uploading it as a PDF.
- Your account should be verified immediately.
- Now click on Buy / Sell.
- Click Now scroll down and enter the amount of Litecoin you want to buy. Then click Buy Litecoin Immediately.
- Finally, confirm your credit / debit card number and you’re done – you’ve just bought Litecoin.
- First, visit the official Coinmama website by clicking my link here
- Click on Register and enter your details. Don’t forget that you need to verify your identity to make sure you are entering it correctly.
- Once you have verified your email address, you will be asked to upload your verification documents. Upload a PDF of your passport or driver’s license.
Then take a picture of you holding your ID next to your face, along with a note that says “COINMAMA” with today’s date. Make sure the quality of the photo is clear. Otherwise, Coinmama will ask you to upload new copies.
- Your documents should be reviewed within 10 minutes. Check your emails.
- You are now set up and ready to buy Litecoin with a credit card. Click Buy Litecoin on the left side of the screen.
- Select the currency you want to play with, then select your package followed by Buy Now.
- You will then be asked to enter your credit card details. You will also need to enter the Litecoin wallet address that you want your coins to be sent to.
- Once the transaction has been submitted, your coins will be sent straight to your Litecoin wallet.
- So now you know how to buy Litecoin with a credit card from Coinmama.
- First, you need to visit the official Bitpanda website by clicking my link here.
- Click on Login at the top of the page and follow the account creation process. You will need to fill in some personal information like your full name, nationality and address.
- You will then be directed to a third-party website that will verify your identity. Hold your passport up to your web camera and the system will check it for you!
- When you’ve returned to Bitpanda, go to the payments section.
- Now select Litecoin, followed by Visa / MasterCard. You will also need to specify how much you want to buy in your local currency. Remember, you can buy up to EUR 2,500 on your first purchase.
- Enter your credit card details, check the amount and confirm the transaction.
- First, you need to visit the CEX website which you can do by clicking on my link here
- Click Register at the top of the page and follow the instructions to open an account.
- You must now go through the CEX verification process. It’s a little more complex than other platforms. First, you need to upload a copy of your ID. You will then need to enter your credit card details. After that, you need to take a selfie of you that will hold your credit card! After all, you’ll need to take a photo of your credit card next to your ID.
- CEX charges your credit card a very small amount. Check your online credit card statement and enter the exact amount that was charged. That’s it, your account is now verified and you can buy Litecoin with a credit card.
- Now click on Deposit.
- Click Buy / Sell at the top of the screen. Choose Litecoin and your preferred deposit currency.
- Scroll down and enter the number of coins you want to buy.
- Finally click on the green Buy button and your transaction will be processed immediately because you have already verified your card.
- Visit the official BitStamp website by clicking on my link here.
- Click Create Account and enter your details.
- You will then have to submit your identification documents. This must be a government issued ID and proof of address. Unfortunately, you have to wait up to 24 hours before the team verifies your account, so there is nothing you can do until you receive a confirmation email.
- Once you have received the email confirming your confirmation, you can log into your account. Then click on Deposit.
- Select Litecoin from the list of cryptocurrencies, followed by your preferred fiat currency (USD or EUR).
- Next, choose how many coins you want to buy.
- Finally, enter your credit card details and click Submit. Your Litecoin is now available in your BitStamp balance.
Litecoin is one of the most widely traded cryptocurrencies in the industry. So, it makes sense that more and more exchanges are offering credit card services. This makes it easy to buy Litecoin for the first time.
Other cryptocurrencies are not so lucky as you first have to buy another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum and then exchange that for the coin you want.
The only problem right now is that using a credit card to buy Litecoin can be a little on the expensive side. In addition to paying a fee for credit card transactions, you also have to pay trading fees.
- www.buybitcoinworldwide.com › litecoin › buy
- www.benzinga.com › money › how-to-buy-litecoin-with-credit-card
- btcbit.net › buy-litecoin-ltc-with-credit-card
- www.bitdegree.org › Home › Learn