WARREN BUFFETT SCHOLARSHIP
Warren Buffett college scholarships are awarded each year for kids who are doing well in school and want to study business. He has created a few foundations which help to give out these scholarships also he would like to encourage kids who could not go to college some way. These college scholarships are sometimes the only way a child can get the education they want.
Individuals can help to sponsor these scholarship funds at any time and they will realize that Warren usually talks about these scholarships because he thinks that they are necessary. He gives a lot of his own wealth to charitable causes and he wishes to give back to children more than any other person. These kids have no way of protecting themselves but they can use a scholarship to get to school and then change their lives.
The Warren Buffett scholarships send kids on full rides to the schools of their choosing plus they are given the guidance and support of Warren Buffett. Warren has gotten to know a lot of kids over the years who got his college scholarships and he offers support that nobody else could possibly get.
It’s very simple for individuals to get the very best education possible once they apply for the Warren Buffett scholarships. These scholarships are fully funded scholarships which help children reach where they need to go in life.
About Warren Buffett
Warren Buffett has given lots of his money to the cause of helping kids get educated. They may also come to work in the future because he has given them such a great prospect.
The Buffett Foundation is a benevolent organization formed in the year 1964 by Omaha, Nebraska, financier, and industrialist Warren Buffett as a vehicle to manage his generous giving.
It was later renamed the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation in honor of his wife, Susan Buffett, who died in the year 2004.
As of the year 2014, the Buffet Foundation ranked fourth (4th) amongst family foundations by grants paid. The foundation invests heavily in reproductive health and family planning grants across the Globe, including extensive investments in abortion and contraceptives.
According to Mother Jones, the Foundation is known for its focal point on abortion access and for its “secrecy. Often appearing underneath grant acknowledgments only as ‘an anonymous donor.
What You Need To Know About Warren Buffett Scholarship
Scholarships are being awarded on a competitive basis to first-time, new applicants who are residents of Nebraska, graduates of a Nebraska high school who have plans to attend a Nebraska public college, and who have also demonstrated financial need.
The number of scholarships is limited, so the Foundation is incapable to provide awards to all eligible candidates.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is open to freshmen college students to study in any school of their choice. The number of scholarships is limited, so the Foundation is incapable to provide awards to all eligible candidates.
The scholarship is to be taken in United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
The scholarship is open to united States Nationals willing to take their college within Nebraska. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Warren Buffett College Scholarship Eligibility.
To be eligible for a scholarship from The Susan T. Buffett Foundation, a student must:
Be a resident of Nebraska
- Residency is determined by the college where you enroll
- For questions about your residency status, here is a list of contact numbers
- Graduate from a Nebraska high school or earn a Nebraska GED
- Achieve at least a 2.5 cumulative unweighted GPA in high school
- 2.5 on a 4 point scale
- 83 on a 100 point scale
- Be a first-time freshman when entering college
- Students obtaining dual enrollment credits in high school are still eligible to apply
- Plan to attend a Nebraska public college:
- Nebraska Community Colleges – CCC, MCC, MPCC, NECC, SCC, or WNCC;
- Nebraska State College System – Chadron State, Peru State, Wayne State; or
- University of Nebraska – NCTA, UNK, UNL, UNMC, or UNO
- Be in need of financial assistance in order to attend college
- Note: Students do not need to be Pell Grant eligible to qualify
- Students must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $10,000
- To calculate your EFC, use the 2019-2020 College Funding Estimator
All eligible applications are reviewed and scored. Selection is based on:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Personal essay
- Strength of recommendations
All completed applicants receive emailed decision notifications by May 1 ~
How To Apply For The Warren Buffett College Scholarship
FAFSA & SAR
To be considered for this Scholarship, you ought to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and obtain a Student Aid Report (SAR).
The year 2019 / 2020 FAFSA is available October 1st, and you must receive your 2019 – 2020 SAR and also upload it to the scholarship application prior to the 1st February 5 pm CST/4 pm MST deadline.
Step One (1): Get an FSA ID
To complete the FAFSA online, you are expected to have an FSA ID. If you are a dependent student, you and a parent/guardian each need an FSA ID.
Kindly click here >
Step Two (2): Complete the FAFSA
To obtain the FAFSA Click here >.
For the year 2019 – 2020 FAFSA, you and/or your parent/guardian(s) should use 2017 taxes.
The FAFSA is being processed within 3 to 5 days but can vary at peak times.
To verify the status of your FAFSA, click here > and log in as a returning user.
Step Three (3): Receive the SAR
As soon as the government processes your FAFSA, you will definitely receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).
This report will be sent to colleges and you must download and attach it to the scholarship application.
Note: Only the year 2019 – 2020 SAR will be accepted. Copy of your application information will NOT be accepted, nor will we accept a copy of your submission confirmation.
After completing your FAFSA online, you will receive a notification email that your SAR is available.
Click here > to log in as a returning user, and select “View Your Student Aid Report.” Then save the SAR as a Portable Document File (PDF).
After completing your PDF or paper FAFSA, you will receive a paper copy of your SAR in the mail.
NOTE: Receiving the SAR via e-mail takes longer, so plan in advance. You should scan the paper SAR and save it as a PDF.
Step Four (4): Upload the SAR
Login to your scholarship application, then go to the Student Aid Report page and then upload the SAR PDF file.
Submit the entire application by 1st February 5 pm CST/4 pm MST.
Application Requirements For Warren Buffett Scholarship
The requirements for the online application are as follows:
- Application forms
- Two recommendations
- Student Aid Report
- High school transcript
- Essay- Compose an essay of One thousand to one thousand five hundred (1000 – 1500) words that help us to understand more about you and your life. It is significant to address all of the following questions/topics throughout the essay:
- Tell us about two (2) or three (3) of your most meaningful accomplishments or times when you were overconfident of yourself (personal, academic, family, work or other activities). Why are these meaningful? How do these accomplishments /experiences relate to your future goals?
- What are the things you are passionate about? How do you share this passion with others? How does this passion prove up in your life?
- How are you involved in giving back to others and/or the community? What does giving back mean to you?
- Let us know about a challenge or obstacle you have faced. What did you learn from it? How does this challenge or obstacle still impact on your life?
- Is there anything else you would like for us to know about you?
Warren Buffett Scholarship deadline
The application deadline is February 1, 2019 at 5 pm CST/4 pm MST.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Hagan Scholarship in USA, 2019
- Undergraduate Scholarships At St Andrews University for International Students 2018/2019
- Kansas Christian College: Tuition Fee, Admission, Scholarships and Cost of Living in 2019
- Federal Financial Aids You Should Apply For Today
- The AIChE Minority Scholarship Award
- Cambridge organ scholarships 2018 | Organ awards
- University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship in Canada,
- University of Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Canada
- Makerere University Full Mastercard Scholarships
- FATE Foundation Aspiring Entrepreneurs Digital Programme 2018
Warren Buffett Scholarship 2019 students get the very best education once they apply for the Warren Buffett scholarships. it is a fully funded scholarships