Applications are invited for the 2020 WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships for young African Women who are willing to pursue a degree program.
This scholarship program is aimed at supporting need-based African female STEM-focused college education.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university. WAAW Foundation is a U.S. based non-profit organization focused on Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women. WAAW promotes Science and Technology education among African girls and works to ensure they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa.
What You Need To Know About The WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
Scholarships are available to study the Undergraduate program. These Scholarships are available for STEM-related female students to undertake any of the following course Of Study; Agriculture, Aircraft Engineering, Architecture, Bio-Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management, Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
The scholarship is being taken in Africa. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This scholarship is available for African students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is fully funded Scholarship, recipients received an award of $500 for the 2020/2021 academic year or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
The WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans Eligibility:
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of the award year
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Ph.D.) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There no NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
How to Apply The WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to an essay where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
For further information or inquiries please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for the scholarship application is 30th November
NOTE: IF YOU ARE OFFERING THE FOLLOWING COURSES YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP.
Accounting, Agriculture Economics, Anesthesiology, Arts, BA degree, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Business Statistics, Catering/Hospitality, Commerce, Community Health, Dentistry and Dental Surgery, Developmental Studies, Diploma,
Economics, Education/Teaching, Finance and Operation Research, Financial Management, Gender Studies, Graphics Design, Guidance & Counseling, Health Education, Health Information Management, Health Sciences Management, International Finance, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Library and Information Sciences, Mass Communication, Math Education, Matric, Medical Lab Science, Medicine and Surgery, N2,
National Diploma, Nature Conservation, Nursing, Paramedics, Political science, Procurement, Project Management, Psychology, Physiology, Physiotherapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Public Administration, Public Health, Real Estate, Recreation and Leisure Management, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning,
Secondary Studies, Secretarial Studies, Social Science, Social Science in Economics, Sociology, Supplies Chain Management, Textile Technology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Veterinary Medicine, Welding and Fabrication Engineering, Wildlife and Ecotourism Management
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Studies
- Institute for Human Sciences Milena Jesenska Fellowship for Journalists in Austria
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Scheme for International Students
- Fully-funded Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarships for Orphans from sub-Saharan Africa
- OGE Merit-Based Scholarship for International Students in USA
- University of Cambridge Scholarship Opportunities
- FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS: SECRETS, BENEFITS AND HOW TO WIN
- West London University International Ambassador Scholarships – UK
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- DAAD Scholarships for Masters at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.