SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
WAAW Foundation is calling for applications from STEM Secondary Teachers across Africa who are interested in the upcoming WAAW STEM teacher training workshop.
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Eligible Fields of Study: Subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields
About the Award: WAAW Foundation understands that training STEM Teachers is a critical component in ensuring that African girls are trained in STEM.
For STEM secondary school teachers and educators in Africa, the WAAW Foundation offers engaging, rigorous teacher professional development model which provides tools to empower teachers and their students and transform the classroom into a collaboration space where STEM content comes to life.
Eligibility: This training is for all STEM Secondary Teachers across Africa
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme:
- hands-on learning away from the blackboard
- Africa-focused integrated curriculum that help teachers break down the rote memorization methodologies which are prevalent in the African educational system and which stifles creativity.
- Teachers are trained to develop cutting edge STEM curriculum for their classrooms using affordable locally available resources, train in digital literacy and employ technology and free online resources to enhance learning and engagement in their classrooms.
- Resources for continued learning for STEM teachers and facilitate communities and networks for peer support, mentoring and continued engagement.
- STEM competitions that motivate teachers to keep innovating in their classrooms.
Duration of Programme: July 31st – August 4th, 2017
Application Deadline: 30th July 2017.
How to Apply: Visit Programme Webpage to apply
Award Provider: Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women (WAAW) Foundation.