VSO Cambodia is delighted to invite applications for the VSO Youth Cross-cultural Volunteering Programme 2017. This is an opportunity for 40 young Cambodians to spend three months working alongside with 40 youths from the United Kingdom (UK) in a team to lead a community development project from 15 October to 21 December, 2017 in Kratie and Battambang.
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that offers volunteers the chance to work to fight poverty in developing countries. Our aim is to create a long-term solution to global poverty – and that solution is people.
VSO International Citizen Services Programme is a UK government funded programme that gives anyone aged 18-29 an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend 10 – 12 weeks volunteering in poor communities in Cambodia. Working alongside international volunteers, you will contribute directly to genuine VSO development projects.
This is a unique opportunity and by working with people from different backgrounds and countries, you will develop a global perspective and skills that will be very valuable throughout your life. You will make new friends, challenge yourself and experience a new way of working, living and learning.
Benefits of participating in the programme.
• Receive a monthly allowance of $ 120.00 USD
• Receive medical insurance, accommodation, including transportation necessary for your ICS work related
• Experience working and living alongside with International Volunteers from UK
• Experience in project management, field work practice, monitoring and evaluation, and reports writing skills
• Developing personal skills in teamwork, communication, problem-solving, leadership in cross-cultural work environment, and building self-confident work environment
• Practice your English language skills with variety English Speakers
• Gaining 3 months working experience in Development Field necessary for your future career
• Receive a Certificate of Completion and Reference which really benefit to your future caree
Dateline: 31 August 2017