Vodacom South Africa is delightedly calling on young South Africans to hurry and apply for the Vodacom Internship Programme 2020.
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile Communication Company. It provides a wide range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 60 million customers.
Take a glance at the table of contents below to have an overview.
- About the Sponsor: Vodacom
- What You Need To Know About Vodacom Internship Programme
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility For The Vodacom Internship Programme
- How to Apply for Vodacom Internship Programme 2020
- Application Deadline Vodacom Internship Programme 2020
- FAQ’s On Vodacom Internship Program
About the Sponsor: Vodacom
Vodacom started in South Africa and has grown into a major communications giant in the continent today. From their roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique, and Lesotho.
This means that Vodacom’s mobile network each covers a land area with a combined population of over 284 million.
Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA), we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent.
Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
What You Need To Know About Vodacom Internship Programme
An Internship is an opportunity that is offered to young adults who have completed some tertiary studies; i.e. degree, diploma or certificate and who would like to gain work experience in a structured environment.
Vodafone is the majority owner of Vocadom and is one of the top communication companies in terms of revenue.
Vodacom employs individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly enthusiastic about our customers which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s perspective and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
Usually, an Internship is offered for 12 months. During this period, Interns will be exposed to their area of study where they can gain valuable practical experience in their field.
The objective of the Vodacom Internship Programme is to:
- Develop a talent pipeline of skilled individuals for the core business areas within Vodacom; and to
- Create an opportunity for unemployed graduates with the required qualifications to develop competencies in the telecommunications environment.
Level/Field of Study
Vodacom usually partakes in the following type of Internships:
Vodacom provides a 12-month internship with fantastic opportunities and benefits. Not only will each candidate receive priceless experience but they will also learn new and advanced skills.
Each candidate will be able to develop their capability within the telecommunications field.
Eligibility For The Vodacom Internship Programme
The following are required of the candidates
- The Candidates must hold a valid Matric certificate
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid ID book/card
- Candidates must not be color blind
- Intending candidates must hold a diploma or degree within the selected discipline and from a recognized institute of higher learning
- Candidates must be MS tutored, as well as be computer literate with an understanding of technology
- Proficiency in English (read, write & speak) is important
- Candidates must not hold any kind of criminal record
- Candidates must be business-minded and have a passion to achieve their goals
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
How to Apply for Vodacom Internship Programme 2020
Internships online application processes are accessible during the year. There are numerous sites where applications can be made, however, you are to regularly check on the Vodacom Webpage or careers page for any developments during the year.
Please note that there won’t be room to consider incomplete applications. Confirm you attach all applicable certified documentation to your application, in addition to a curriculum vitae.
The curriculum vitae should reflect your expertise, competencies along with your skills and interests.
Application Deadline Vodacom Internship Programme 2020
The closing dates for internships vary, depending on the current requirements within Vodacom at the time.
Be sure to check on their home page frequently for such openings. Remember to complete the forms fully and add all relevant documentation.
As part of the recruitment process, there will be a consideration for the Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
For More Information:
FAQ’s On Vodacom Internship Program
Who is qualified for the Vodacom internship program?
Vodacom Internship Programme is only available to South African students.
Must I be a computer literate before I can qualify for the Vodacom internship program?
Yes. In fact, candidates must be MS tutored, as well as computer literate with an understanding of technology in order to thrive well in the program.
What areas does the Vodacom internship program cover?
However, the areas in this Vodacom internship program are: Engineering Finance, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Property, Procurement,
and Project Management.
The Vodacom Internship Program is to encourage and build individuals who are passionate about exceeding customer expectations.
I hope the information provided is helpful.
- Gibela Bursary in South Africa 2020
- LIST Of Full Scholarships for African Students to Study In USA (HOT)
- Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2020 [Updated]
- Eskom Bursaries in South Africa 2020
- 2017 Unilever Internship Programme for young South Africans
- SAMRO Bursary in South Africa 2020
- Mazars Bursary in South Africa 2020
- Vodacom Bursary in South Africa 2020