SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing a wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 60 million customers.
About the Sponsor: Vodacom
Vodacom started in South Africa and has grown into a major communications giant on the continent today. From their roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique, and Lesotho. This means that Vodacom’s mobile network each covers a land area with a combined population of over 284 million.
Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
What you need to know about Vodacom Internship Programme
An Internship is an opportunity that is offered to young adults who have completed some tertiary studies; i.e. Degree, Diploma or Certificate and who would like to gain work experience in a structured environment.
Vodafone is the majority owner of Vocadom and is one of the top communication companies in terms of revenue.
Vodacom employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience
Usually, an Internship is offered for 12 months. During this period Interns will be exposed to their area of study where they can gain valuable practical experience in their field.
The objective of the Vodacom Internship Programme is to:
- Develop a talent pipeline of skilled individuals for the core business areas within Vodacom; and to
- Create an opportunity for unemployed graduates with the required qualifications to develop competencies in the telecommunications environment.
Level/Field of Study
Vodacom usually partakes in the following type of Internships:
Vodacom provides a 12-month internship with fantastic opportunities and benefits. Not only will each candidate receive priceless experience, but additionally they will also learn new and advanced skills. Each candidate will be able to develop their capability within the telecommunications field.
Vodacom Internship Programme 2019 Eligibility Requirement
Candidates will also be required to have the following:
- Candidates must hold a valid Matric certificate
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid ID book/card
- Candidates must not be color blind
- Candidates must hold a diploma or degree from a recognized institute of higher learning
- Candidates with a degree or diploma within the selected discipline
- Candidates must be MS tutored, as well as computer literate with an understanding of technology
- Must be proficient in English (read, write & speak)
- Candidates must not hold any kind of criminal record
- Candidates must be business minded and have a passion to achieve their goals
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
How to Apply for Vodacom Internship Programme 2019
Internships online applications processes are made accessible during the year. There are numerous sites where applications can be made, however, it is suggested to regularly check on the Vodacom Webpage or Careers page for any developments during the year.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Confirm you attach all applicable certified documentation to your application, in addition to a curriculum vitae. The curriculum vitae should reflect your expertise, competencies along with your skills and interests.
Application Deadline Vodacom Internship Programme 2019-2020
The closing dates for internships vary, depending on the current requirements within Vodacom at the time.
Be sure to check on their home page frequently for such openings. Remember to complete the forms fully and add all relevant documentation.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
For More Information:
We also recommend the following available scholarships
- Gibela Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020
- LIST Of Full Scholarships for African Students to Study In USA (HOT)
- International Young Leaders Parliamentary Scholarship Program in North Africa 2018
- Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020 [Updated]
- Eskom Bursaries in South Africa 2019–2020
- 2017 Unilever Internship Programme for young South Africans
- VODACOM BURSARY SCHEME FOR UNDERGRADUATES 2018
- SAMRO Bursary in South Africa 2019 – 2020
- Mazars Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020
- Vodacom Bursary in South Africa 2019-2020
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.