The Vodacom Change the World programme gives individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months. If you have a degree and a passion to make a difference, use your skills to change the world- then Apply
The Vodacom Change the World programme was first introduced in 2011, giving individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a non-profit organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months, at no cost to the NPO. To date 40 volunteers with their 40 respective NPOs have successfully participated and each one of them has made a difference in the timethey worked with their NPO.
Through this programme, Vodacom contributes towards skills development and helps create a culture of volunteering through the transfer of human capital. By relieving NPOs of the burden of paying for the services of skilled volunteers with a passion to work for a good cause, the programme provides much-needed expertise to the NPO sector.
- You need to be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit for the Republic of South Africa;
- Only one application is permitted per person.
- Applications are only open to SA permanent residents who are legally eligible to work in SA and are aged 21 years to 35 as at 1 October 2017.
- Vodacom may require proof that an Applicant is legally eligible to work in SA.
- If an Applicant at any time is found to be ineligible to work in SA, the Applicant may be excluded from the programme.
If successful, Applicants will be required to confirm in writing
- that he/she accepts the offer and will start his/her project on 1 October 2017;
- availability to attend the CtW induction and media launch in October 2017;
- that by accepting an offer of employment he/she will not breach any existing contract or agreement with a former or current employer, partner or with any other person or entity;
- that they have disclosed any and all previous criminal convictions;
- he/she will enter into a 12 (twelve) month Fixed Term Contract of Employment with Vodacom’s appointed agency, which will include, amongst other requirements, some minimum terms and conditions of employment that will also apply between the NPO and the successful Applicant;
- to keep the news of his/her participation in the CtW confidential until the media announcement in October 2017;
- that he/she will be available to Vodacom for public relations purposes, media interviews and any other interviews Vodacom deems necessary.
- Each successful Applicant will receive the opportunity to work in their agreed position with their NPO for a continuous fixed term of 12 (twelve) months subject to earlier termination for a fair reason and in terms of the Labour Relations Act (“LRA”), on a full time basis (“employment term”). Each successful Applicant will serve a probation period of 3 months from the commencement date of their Fixed Term Contract.
- The monthly salary of a successful Applicant will be finalised, in writing, prior to commencement of the programme.
- Vodacom’s appointed agency will assist the Applicant and the chosen NPO with all administrative matters relating to employment, among other, tax deduction and statutory contributions from the salary and payment to the relevant tax authority. (The successful Applicant shall be liable for any taxes payable in relation to any other income received by the successful Applicant in the same tax year).
- The NPO of the successful Applicant with be given a grant of seventy thousand rand (R70 000) towards the administration cost and any consumables and additional expenses incurred by the NPO for hosting the Applicant during the 12 (twelve) month placement.
- A further one hundred and twenty thousand rand (R120 000) will be made available by Vodacom through its appointed agency to be used jointly by the successful Applicant and NPO towards the implementation of the winning Applicant’s project objectives and goals at the NPO.
- The successful Applicant will be entitled to annual; sick; study and maternity leave as provided for in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
Judging and selection of applications
- Each application will be individually judged for its humanitarian and charitable merit, the practicability of implementation as determined by Vodacom or its agents and the skills the Applicant brings to the project.
- Applications where the focus will be on the Education, Health, Conservation and Agriculture, Women, Youth Development, Disabled and Safety and Security through ICT to solve social issues will have an advantage.
- The decisions of Vodacom, the panel of adjudicators and auditors in respect of all matters pertaining to the selection process are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- NPOs may be visited at the discretion of Vodacom or its agents, prior to the final selection of the Applicant and the NPO.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2017.
For More Information: