Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is one of the scholarships offered by Victoria University of Wellington for New Zealand and international students. These scholarship awards are all available for pursuing Graduate Programme For the year 2020.
If this meets you right you are 2 minutes read away from getting a scholarship worth $5,000. This might be a lifetime opportunity you have been looking to study at The University of Wellington.
This post provides you with detail information about the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship 2020 and how you can successfully apply.
You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
About Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
The most important aim of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive training and educational opportunities that are compatible with the varying needs of the students.
Victoria University has a tradition of cultivating powerful worldwide links in research and teaching and programs of national value and international quality.
As a principal applicant, applicants must offer a recent International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate where they gained an overall band score of 4 (or 3 if applying under Investor 2) or over in the IELTS General or Academic Module.
Level/Field of Study
The Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is awarded for pursuing Graduate Programme and the scholarship is available to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2020 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is hosted in New Zealand. If you are searching for undergraduate scholarships or masters scholarships, you can click the links to various categories to find out other scholarships available to you in 2020.
The eligible nations for the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship are students from New Zealand and International students from other countries. you can browse through our list of scholarship by country to select any scholarship for a particular country you wishes to study in.
These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree program up to the value of $5,000. Graduate Awards are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit and the number of scholarships varies.
Eligibility For Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The intended program must include at least 90 points of coursework at either 400 or 500 level.
- These scholarships are not available for post-experience or vocational master’s degrees e.g. MBA, MLIS MMIS nor to students intending to embark on the fourth year of a four year undergraduate degree program e.g. LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Postgraduate Diploma study will only be considered if it is recognized as Part 1 of a two year Masters course.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved at least an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires less than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject either in their major or in a related subject.
- Victoria Graduate Awards shall be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 75 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires fewer than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject related to their major.
- These scholarships are awarded based on the funds available determining the final minimum GPA requirement in any one year.
- Holding a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrolment in their intended Honours or Masters program.
- The Awards are for domestic tuition fees only whilst studying at Victoria University of Wellington and are not available for field trips or exchanges.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants may be able to show that they have an English speaking background if they have been in skilled employment in New Zealand and have been for at least 12 months or they can show:
-completed primary and at least three years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed at least five years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed a tertiary course of three years or more at institutions using English.
How to Apply For Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
Applicants that haven’t completed all of their study at Victoria University must:
An online application will be available approximately one month before the closing date.
* Enrolling as an Honours or Masters student and applying for a Victoria Graduate Award are two separate processes. The holding of a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrollment into their intended Honours or Masters program.
Deadline For Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
The deadline for the application of the scholarship is annually in November.
Listed below contain various scholarships available for students
- New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship for African Countries
- 10 Public Health Scholarships In New Zealand For Students From Developing Countries
- Fully Funded Scholarships – APPLY NOW
- 230 Fully-funded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries – Apply Now
- List of Mastercard Foundation Scholarships for Various Countries[Apply Now]
- Top 8 Universities In New Zealand For International Students
- List Of DAAD Scholarships– Apply Now