George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, Firm is delighted to invited applications for the Veterans & Military Family Scholarship. At the firm, they believe current or past service or having a close family member in the military should not hinder young leaders from getting a quality education or pursuing their goals.
The men and women who serve in the United States Military make remarkable sacrifices for their country. But the sacrifices of their families, particularly their children, often get overlooked. Children with a parent in the military may spend much of their childhood with an absent mother or father.
Even when the family is not separated, children may spend a large portion of their school years moving from military base to military base, changing schools with each new deployment.
While there is no way to truly repay the service given the country by military personnel and their families, at the very least it is possible to provide financial assistance to those military children who are struggling to meet the rising costs of college tuition.
Providing scholarships for the children of military service-personnel is one small way in which the people of the United States say thank you to the dedicated members of the armed forces and their families.
Students who are applying for the military scholarships for veterans must be enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited U.S. college or university. The scholarship is only open to U.S. active duty service members, veterans and spouses and children of active-duty or retired service members. High school students, high school graduates, undergraduates, and graduate students may apply. Winners of the scholarship will get up to $1,000 award.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2020-2021
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020-2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020-2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020-2021
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
What You Need To Know About scholarships for families of veterans
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is a firm, has office locations throughout South Carolina. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is dedicated to providing great service and will go the extra mile for their clients. For over 35 years, the firm has been helping injured people, disabled veterans, and their families collect well-deserved benefits. George Sink himself is a military veteran, having served two tours in Vietnam as a Captain in the Marine Corps.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to Incoming freshman, Incoming transfer (undergraduate), Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Graduate
This scholarship is to be taken in the USA. If you are an international student seeking scholarships to study in the United State of America, you can find such on Study in the USA category. You can also check out other Study Abroad scholarships available for you irrespective of where you are coming from
This military scholarship is opened by students who are united citizens.
The firm will provide a $1,000 scholarship upon a hard-working U.S. college student who is an active duty service member, a veteran, or a spouse or child of active duty or retired service member.
Military Family Scholarships Eligibility:
The applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently serving in the military, honorably discharged, or have an active duty or retired military spouse or parent. All branches of the U.S. military qualify:
- U.S. Army and Reserves
- U.S. Navy and Reserves
- U.S. Air Force and Reserves
- U.S. Marine Corps and Reserves
- U.S. Coast Guard and Reserves
- National Guard and Air National Guard
- Accepted into or currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. junior college, college, or university.
- Currently, have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- High school students, high school graduates, undergraduates, and graduate students may apply.
How to Apply for the military family scholarships :
- Fill out and submit the online application, along with a school transcript and essay.
- All applicants must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay on one of the topics below:
- How has being in the military affected your ability to pursue an education?
- What do you wish the American people better understood about military service or military families?
- What sacrifices have you and/or your family made because of military service?
- When you reflect on your/your family member’s military service, what are you most proud of and what are you most grateful for?
For more information about this scholarship click the link below: http://www.sinklaw.com/veterans-military-family-scholarship/
- A school transcript- must submit updated transcripts with current GPA.
- Essay- Candidates must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay along with their application.
- Applicants must submit the appropriate documentation to prove military status. We accept the following documentation (Do not submit proof of military service with your application- Only the winner must provide proof of military service):
- Military ID
- Military dependent ID
- Service record
- DD Form 214
The scholarship applications are due on June 15, 2020
Link for More Information: click on the scholarship Link
For more information about the scholarship program, call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers at 888-612-7001.
The sacrifices made by military families can only really be understood by those who have experienced them. As outsiders, we can sympathize, but never totally empathize, with the challenges they face on a regular basis. Scholarships, grants and tuition assistance programs are a small way of paying tribute to the dedication and selflessness of military servicemen and women, and their families.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Fisher House Scholarship UPDATED
- Vamos scholarship
- Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship [Updated]
- Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program [Updated]
- Naomi Rabb Scholarship [Updated]
- Latin American Education Foundation-LAEF Scholarship
- CrossLites Scholarship Contest
- NSHSS Earth Day Award for High School Students in USA
- NBEA Scholarship
- Patient Experience Project Scholarship
- APPLY Little People of America Scholarship
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us a 5 STAR RATING on our review box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and review our post, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.