Applications are invited for up to 40 VanGogh Research Exchange Grants for 2017-2018 academic year. Researchers from France and the Netherlands are eligible to apply for these Grants.Application is open to excellent researchers with an outstanding tenure-track and international exposure.
The Van Gogh Programme promotes exchanges between researchers and targets specific research projects and annually supports around 40 researchers from France and about the same number of researchers from the Netherlands
Nuffic is the Dutch organization for internationalization in Education. It is to accomplish their mission, they offer opportunities to gain international experience at each stage of education: primary education, secondary education, secondary vocational education and training, and higher education.
Course Level: Grants are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The grants are available for all academic fields. However, the topic of an application must be the same on the French and Dutch side, with applicants seeking complementarily. The programme supports research projects focused on developing science. All fields of science, including the humanities and social sciences, are covered by this program.
Scholarship Award: The following conditions apply to applicants from the Netherlands:
- The donation is between €1,500 and €3,500 per research team per year.
- The grants may only be used for travel and accommodation expenses.
- Travel costs: actual of up to €350 per person per return trip.
- Accommodation: up to €110 per person per day.
- The maximum duration for funding is 2 years.
- An extension can be requested after the first year, only if the grant has been fully spent in the first year.
- The costs made by other members of the research team may also be covered.
- Nuffic, with the support of Ammodo, pays the expenses of Dutch researchers travelling to France.
Number of Scholarships: The Van Gogh Programme promotes exchanges between researchers within specific research projects and annually supports around 40 researchers from France and about the same number of researchers from the Netherlands.
Scholarship can be taken in France and Netherlands (Researchers who live in the Netherlands and who wish to receive a grant to visit their French colleagues, have to be employed by a Dutch research and knowledge centre that collaborates with French researchers or would like to. French researchers must receive a travel grant from the French Van Gogh Programme as well to visit their Dutch colleagues).
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The application is open to excellent researchers with an outstanding tenure-track and international exposure. You have to be employed by a Dutch research and knowledge centre that collaborates with French researchers (or would like to).
- Your French colleagues can apply for a travel grant from the French Van Gogh Programme to visit you (see www.campusfrance.org/fr/vangogh).
- An important prerequisite is that young researcher, especially PhD students and post-doc students, actively participate in the project and exchange visits. Preference is given to innovative ways of research cooperation.
Nationality: Researchers from France and the Netherlands are eligible to apply for these Grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Application is open to excellent researchers with an outstanding tenure-track and international exposure.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please fill in this form and return it before 15 June 2017, to: vangogh-at-nuffic.nl and also by post.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is June 15, 2017.