Last updated on March 26th, 2018 at 08:04 am
Entries are currently been accepted for the The Valley Alliance of Mentors for Opportunities Scholarship 2018, interested and eligible persons are by this notice advised to hurry and send in their applications before the program deadline.
The Valley Alliance of Mentors for Opportunities Scholarship (VAMOS) application is open to first-year degree-seeking students applying or attending accredited, not-for-profit, colleges or universities. Eligibility is reserved for students from the Rio Grande Valley (Texas), restrictions apply. The scholarship (VAMOS) was established to support talented scholars in the Rio Grande Valley (Texas). Eligible University of Texas-Pan American students can potentially receive $3,000 per year using the HSF/VAMOS Scholarship. Others may qualify to receive up to $5,000 per year over four academic years.
The Valley Alliance of Mentors for Opportunities and Scholarships (VAMOS) is dedicated to making the dream of a college education a reality for graduating high school seniors of the Rio Grande Valley.
To be Taken in:
- Plan to enroll full-time in a four-year accredited university in the fall of the desired scholarship year (geographic restrictions apply)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Complete FAFSA or state-based financial aid (if applicable)
- Class Level: High School graduating seniors only – Cumulative GPA of 3.00 GPA, based on a 4.00 scale (or equivalent) earned from 9th through the first semester/term of the 12th grade
- Geographic Restrictions: High school students must be graduates in the Rio Grande Valley (Texas), specifically Hidalgo, Cameron, and Starr counties.
- Ethnicity: Must be of Hispanic heritage
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship program, you need to sign in through the given link: https://vamos-scholarship.hsfts.net/sign-up
- Selected students attending the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley will receive $3,000 per year.
- All other selected students attending other institutions will receive $5,000
Oct – Dec