Applications are been invited by the Vaccines for Africa Initiative (VACFA) for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in South Africa 2017 , eligible persons are welcome to apply
VACFA is under the Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research (CIDER), which is within the School of Public Health and Family Medicine (SPH&FM). VACFA is based in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Cape Town (UCT). VACFA’s vision is an Africa free of vaccine preventable diseases. To achieve this vision, VACFA conducts activities in the following areas:
Advocacy & Communication
Type: Fellowship, Research
Value of Award: The fellowship has a tax-free value of R250,00 to R300,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
- have a passion in the field of evidence-based research and immunization programs. Previous experience in evidence-based medicine research is advantageous;
- have obtained a doctoral degree in any relevant field within the past 5 years (eg public health/immunology/health systems/epidemiology/social sciences);
- have held no previous professional or academic posts;
- be willing to take up the fellowship as soon as possible;
- evidence of research output in any of the research areas outlined above;
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- have good organizational and management skills;
- have good written and oral communication skills;
- be prepared to undertake limited teaching/supervision duties as part of his/her professional development;
- be prepared to register at the University of Cape Town as a postdoctoral research fellow and to comply with the policies and practices of the Postdoctoral Research Sector of the University
Duration of Program: The duration of the fellowship is one year. The fellowship is renewable on evidence of satisfactory performance and availability of continued funding.
How to Apply: Apply by email to [email protected], providing the following documentation:
- a cover letter describing the applicant’s research interests and indicating how these align with the advertisement;
- a CV that includes full details of publications;
- copies of all academic transcripts and certificates for previous degrees and for the doctoral degree;
- the names of three academic referees with whom the applicant has worked with in the past.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Important Notes: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The University of Cape Town reserves the right to disqualify ineligible, incomplete and/or inappropriate applications. The University of Cape Town reserves the right to change the conditions of award or to make no awards at all.