UWA International Masters-by-Coursework Scholarships 2018, in Australia
The University of Western Australia is offering International Master’s by Coursework scholarships to high-achieving international students. Scholarships are awarded within the School of Design, School of Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Business School, Law School, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Health and Medical Sciences and Science.
The international master’s by coursework scholarship program is awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in relevant undergraduate studies at an overseas institution and will undertake master’s by coursework studies commencing in 2017 or 2018.
The University of Western Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to enrol full-time in an eligible master by coursework degree.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the School of Design, School of Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Business School, Law School, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Health and Medical Sciences and Science.
Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarship awarded will be determined by the academic achievement of the applicant, and will be awarded over three levels.
Level 1: AUD $3000 per year
Equivalent WAM of 70 – 74.99 in an Australian undergraduate degree
Level 2: AUD $5000 per year
Equivalent WAM of 75 – 79.99 in an Australian undergraduate degree
Level 3: AUD $7000 per year
Equivalent WAM of 80 in an Australian undergraduate degree
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants are required to meet the conditions to enrol full-time in an eligible master’s by coursework degree as an international student in 2017 or 2018;
- Be a new student to The University of Western Australia;
- Students will be required to indicate acceptance of their offer and the scholarship no more than two weeks after issue date;
- Be a citizen of a country listed under the relevant faculty which administers the course;
- For GPA assessment, the mark calculated by the applicant’s undergraduate university over the full degree is used to determine eligibility;
- The scholarship will be offered for the duration of the course as stated on the University’s offer letter, with the expectation that a student will undertake a 100% load (usually 48 points per year) and will not be extended if a student fails to complete with the stated time. Where credit is awarded and impacts on the load was taken, the University will consider these instances on an individual basis.
- The scholarship is conditional on a formal assessment and written offer from the University’s admissions team in Perth.
Nationality: Scholarships are available for citizens of Asia, Latin and South America and Oceania.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants to the University are automatically considered and do not need to submit a separate application for this scholarship. Apply for entry to an eligible course through the My Application portal for international students.
Application Deadline: Applications are open.