The Graduate School of Health at the University of Technology Sydney, Australia is giving out PhD research scholarships in Speech Pathology. Scholarships are available to suitable domestic and international applicants.
The University of Technology Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Although its origins are said to trace back to the 1870s, the university was founded in its current form in 1988.
Offers are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Field of study:
- The full-time stipend rate with the scholarships is $27,082.00 per annum tax exempt. The total value of the scholarship is AU$81,246 over three years.
- Tuition fees for domestic (Australian citizen or permanent visa holder) applicants are automatically covered by the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset (Domestic). A successful international applicant may have a UTS International Tuition Fee Waiver.
- In addition to the scholarship, the Graduate School of Health also provides approximately $1,500 per annum to directly support the research activities (conference travel, training, copy editing, participant recruitment, etc.).
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Scholarships are available to suitable domestic and international applicants.
To be eligible for the PhD, applicants must have:
- A Masters (at least two years) with a major research component (a thesis component of approximately 50 per cent of the degree and 20,000 words) at distinction level, unless the following exemption applies.
- PhD applicants may be exempt from having to demonstrate either a Masters with a major research component if they can demonstrate; equivalence through having complete a research-intensive undergraduate degree, or,
capacity to undertake independent research through prior research engagement (e.g., as a research assistant with responsibilities in the conduct of research with publication in peer review journals).
- PhD applicants must also demonstrate their interest in the area of research and their strong quantitative, analytical, and writing skills.
- The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be in English.
May 31, 2018
Students are to submit a full application which includes all of the information in the table below and any other information on the website, as well as satisfy entry requirements
- A personal statement (750 words maximum) outlining your suitability for undertaking a PhD, what you hope to achieve from your research, and your research experience to date.
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts (undergraduate and postgraduate), including master’s thesis results (if applicable).
- Evidence of writing for research output (e.g., peer review publications) demonstrating your capacity to undertake independent research (if applicable)
- Proof of English proficiency (if not having a minimum of 5 years study in Australia).
- References to include contact details for suitable academic referees (two).
- Evidence of prizes, scholarships, and awards (certificates, statements of award).
How to Apply:
Please register your Expression of Interest (EOI) directly by submitting an application through the UTS’s website.
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application