Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, at UK Universities 2019
Applications are currently been accepted for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, at UK Universities 2019, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply for this program as soon as possible.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide the opportunity for individuals to study for a UK Master’s degree while living and working in their home country.
The scheme was established in 2002, as a direct response to the measures taken by its funder, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), to explore new methods of delivery as part of the drive for poverty reduction.
To date, nearly 1,000 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships have been awarded.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab
Type of Award
Masters Distance learning Scholarship
Fields and institutions of Study
- Cardiff University
- MSc Palliative Medicine and Care (available to citizens of Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka only)
- Bangor University
- MSc Tropical Forestry
- Open University
- MSc Environmental Management (available to citizens of Kenya only)
- MA Online and Distance Education
- Queen Mary, University of London
- MSc Burn Care
- MSc Endocrinology and Diabetes
- MSc Gastroenterology
- MSc Orthopaedic Trauma Science
- MSc Trauma Sciences
- Royal Veterinary College
- MSc Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health (available to citizens of Sri Lanka only)
- SOAS, University of London
- MSc Public Financial Management (available to citizens of Malawi and Tanzania only)
- UCL Institute of Education
- MA Education and International Development (available to citizens of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda only)
- MA Education, Gender and International Development (available to citizens of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda only)
- MA Education, Health Promotion and International Development (available to citizens of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda only)
- University of Birmingham
- MSc International Development (Conflict, Security and Development)
- University of Edinburgh
- MSc Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health
- MSc Clinical Education
- MVetSci Conservation Medicine
- MSc Family Medicine
- MSc Global Challenges
- MSc Global eHealth
- MSc Global Health and Infectious Disease
- MSc International Animal Health
- MSc One Health
- MSc Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- MPH Public Health
- University of Leicester
- MSc Risk, Crisis and Disaster Management
- University of Liverpool
- MPH Public Health
- University of Oxford
- MST International Human Rights Law
- University of Southampton
- MSc Global Ageing and Policy
- MSc Gerontology
- University of Stirling
- MSc Dementia Studies (available to applicants from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka only)
- University of Strathclyde
- MSc Finance (available to applicants from Kenya, Malawi, and Tanzania only)
- MSc Hydrogeology (available to applicants from Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe only)
- University of St Andrews
- MSc in Sustainable Aquaculture
- University of York
- MA Public Policy and Management
The international distance learning scholarships are hosted and taken in the UK Universities. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates. A must read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship must cover all elements of the award, including:
- Course tuition fees
- Grant to contribute to study-related costs
- Partnership development costs
- Any UK residential programme(s) – where a university intends to run a UK residential programme as part of the course, the university is expected to provide a specific level of support. See the following bullet points below.
- Return travel from the Scholar’s home country to the UK location
- Cost of UK visa
- Maintenance stipend of £1,084 per month (£1,339 for Scholars in London), to be paid for the full duration of the UK residential. These amounts are set by the UK government for all students on government-funded scholarships and increase annually.
Botswana, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji*, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Pakistan, , Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu,
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- be Commonwealth citizens of a developing Commonwealth country, refugees or British protected persons
- be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- normally hold a first degree of upper second-class standard or higher qualification. In certain cases, we will consider a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience
How to Apply for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2019
Full details of the application process must be obtained from the relevant institution.
The CSC expects all candidates being considered for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship to have completed an application form using our Electronic Application System (EAS). Full help on how to apply using the EAS is provided in our guides, which should be read in full before making any attempt to use the EAS.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2019 Application Deadline
We invite applicants to keep checking for this site for most recent updates in this regard
Scholarship Provider: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide the opportunity for individuals to study for a UK Master’s degree while living and working in their home country. See detail on application procedures and deadline.