The Africa-China Reporting Project (“the Project”) at Wits Journalism is inviting applications for a paid Internship position in a full-time capacity at Wits Journalism for a period of six months (with the possibility of an extension for another six months).
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The ideal person for this position is versatile, flexible and diligent, with a thorough understanding of the Project’s activities and objectives and creative ideas on how best to attain and improve them. The Project is also seeking a vibrant candidate to carry out its “Africa-China” vision and orientation.
The major tasks of the internship will be to assist the Project Coordinator and to contribute to the successful implementation of the Project’s various activities planned for 2017, but also to assist with administrative tasks and coordination, research and publications, events and interactions with journalists, systems and planning, and more.
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Assist the Project Coordinator of the Project
- Manage various administrative tasks related to the disbursement of reporting grants, etc.
- Assist with organising Project events and functions including workshops, seminars and talks
- Conduct research on Africa-China matters for the Project web portal, and assist with maintaining the web portal
- Assist with Project communications and published material
Type: Journalism Internship
- Academic qualifications in journalism, media studies or related fields
- Experience and knowledge of China and Africa-China relations; appreciation of the Project’s Africa-China orientation and outlook
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn and contribute
- Competence with online and offline media and journalism, as well as processing and design tools
Number of Awardees: Not specified
How to Apply: To apply, applicants must send an email marked “APPLICATION – INTERNSHIP” containing a CV (including a list of Africa-China publications if any) and a covering letter explaining interest in and aptitude for position to email@example.com by no later than March 21 2017.
Award Provider: The project is funded by a grant from the Open Society Foundation.
Application Deadline: 21st March 2017