6 PhD Scholarships in International Studies at University of Trento, Italy, and applications are submitted till 16 May 2017, 04.00 p.m. (Italian time). The PhD Programme in International Studies is entirely in English and is characterized by a strong interdisciplinary approach that provides a solid grounding in the disciplines at the core of international studies (mainly economics, law, sociology, and politics) as well as specific training in the main discipline chosen for the PhD thesis. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Trento, School of International Studies, Trento | Italy
Level: Doctoral Programme
Field(s): International Studies (Political/Social Sciences, Law, Economics)
Deadline: 16 May 2017, 04.00 p.m. (Italian time).
Funded By: University of Trento (Italy)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 5 PhD Scholarships in International Studies is open to all applicants, regardless of nationality
‣ Award No: The scholarships are funded as follows:
5 scholarships funded by the University of Trento;
1 project specific scholarship focused on ‘International Politics and Conflict Resolution’, funded by the Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK).
‣ Scholarship Duration: the scholarship is applicable for 3 years
‣ Scholarship covers: living in Trento – no tuition fee charged ( 3 year fully funded scholarships) Grants are financed as follows:
• 5 grants financed by the University of Trento;
‣ The Graduate School of International Studies was founded in June 2001 as a cooperative venture of the Faculties of Economics, Humanities, Law and Sociology .
‣ It is the only Graduate School of International Studies … and Sociology – as well as five departments of the University of Trento.
‣ The Ph.D. in International Studies (6 PhD Scholarships in International Studies) is the
flagship programme of the School of International Studies. It brings together leading research departments (Economics; History, Modern Languages and Humanities; Human and Social Studies; Legal Studies; Sociology and Social Research) to construct an interdisciplinary research degree.
‣ The programme’s mission is to produce PhDs able to compete on the international academic job market and to follow careers in international intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations.
‣ The Ph.D. has received start-up funding as part of the accord between the governments of Italy and Germany to promote links between the two countries’ university systems. Access to the programme is open to citizens of any country in possession of a graduate degree in disciplines related to International Studies (Economics; History, Modern Languages and Humanities; Law, Political Science and Sociology).
‣ The three-year Ph.D. programme focuses on the study of International Law, International Economics and International Politics.
‣ It will be composed of at least 200 hours of structured coursework; a period of study outside Italy, and a dissertation, written under the supervision of faculty members and an external reader nominated by the School.
‣ All coursework will be in English and will be taught by members of the university’s multi-national faculty.
‣ The PhD Programme in International Studies is entirely in English and is characterized
by a strong interdisciplinary approach that provides a solid grounding in the disciplines at the core of international studies (mainly economics, law, sociology, and politics) as well as specific training in the main discipline chosen for the PhD thesis.
‣ Candidates are asked to include in the application a short summary (2500 words max.) of their proposed research and a motivation letter.
Have what it takes to avail 6 PhD Scholarships in International Studies ?
‣ Master’s Degree (equivalent to an Italian Laurea Magistrale) in the Social Sciences; advance knowledge of English; strong research aptitude and motivation
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply only at http://www.unitn.it/en/drsis/14813/admission
‣ Application online: available from 7 April 2017 (link AOL)
Application’s deadline to participate in the selection: 16 May 2017, 04.00 p.m. (Italian time)
Candidates are warmly recommended to submit their application in advance. The University shall not be considered responsible for any disfunctions due to technical problems and/or overload of the communication line and/or of the OS, for the loss of communication due to incorrect address details or late communication about possible change of address of the candidates, or for any other problem and delay due to third parties, unexpected cases or circumstances beyond one’s control.
Examination’s schedule: not yet available
Location: Doctoral School of International Studies – via Tommaso Gar, 14 – Trento
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.