The University of Sussex is inviting applications for 25 scholarships to international students for postgraduate (taught) degree program. Scholarships are available for International (Non-UK/EU) students.
The University of Sussex, Chancellor’s International Scholarships in UK, 2019 aims to assist high achieving and highly motivated international research scholars at the University of Sussex.
Applicants must meet the University’s academic entry requirements and the IELTS English Language Requirements contained in the postgraduate prospectus. If their first language is not English, they will normally be required to pass an English language test, such as IELTS or PTE, to study at Sussex.
Applicants can find the English requirements for their course in our study with them pages (under ‘entry requirements’). The level of English required varies by subject and level of study and is expressed in IELTS terms but the link below gives a list of commonly accepted equivalencies.
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England. Sussex was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961. The goal is to deliver teaching and learning programmes that are informed by current research, are attractive to students from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and which deliver skills for life
Level/Field of study:
Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate (taught) degree (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) in all subjects offered by the University of Sussex excluding the following degrees:
Courses in the Institute of Development Studies, Except the MA in Gender and Development, MSc in Social Research Methods + DPhil combined (1+3 degrees), International foundation years, postgraduate certificate, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management, and Pre-masters.
Pre-Masters Degrees and Diplomas taught at partner colleges that are validated by Sussex, MSc Automotive Engineering (applicants should consult funding opportunities at the University of Brighton), Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Education and Courses within the Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
The scholarship is hosted by the University of Sussex, UK
The scholarship is open to International (Non-UK/EU) students
These opportunities have the value that includes 50% off international student tuition fee.
The number of offers is about 25 different scholarship openings.
To be considered for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have applied for and been offered a place to study on a full-time Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) excluding the following degrees: Courses in the Institute of Development Studies, except the MA in Gender and Development and MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy,
MSc in Social Research Methods, DPhil combined (1+3 degrees), International foundation years, postgraduate certificate, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management, and Pre-masters.
Pre-Masters Degrees and Diplomas taught at partner colleges that are validated by Sussex, Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Education, LLM in Corruption, Law, and Governance (delivered in Qatar) and Courses within the Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Be assessed as liable to pay fees at the “overseas” (namely the non-EU) rate.
- Have sufficient funds to meet your tuition fees and living expenses, after taking account of the possible award of a Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
- Intend to remain on the programme for which the scholarship is offered.
- Students who hold other University of Sussex scholarships will not be eligible for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a place to study on a full-time Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma).
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
To apply for this scholarship
- Applicants must first have submitted their application to study at the University of Sussex online postgraduate application system.
- When applicants have applied for their course, apply for the scholarship using the application form.
- Confirmation of submission will be sent automatically following their submission. If they do not receive this, please ensure that they check their junk/deletion folder for this notification as it may be sent directly to these folders depending on their email security settings.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.